Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

@icezeus Please be sure to write a review when yours arrives.  At the price, I simply couldn't spring for it (although tempted) without having access to reviews. If it looks good, I'll consider one later.  I hope you love yours.

I'd be interested in whether you think someone can drag this thing into their house alone, and, of course, the ease of use.  I just want it for walking when I'm binge watching TV, instead of vegging on the couch the whole time. I'm active during the day, but in the evening, I spend far too much time in front of the TV.   

@BlueFinch 

I will reach out to you after two weeks of use, and review. Everything that you have mentioned are points that I am interested in as well. I will not have it delivered to my home due to the  "Porch Pirate" epidemic. Therefore, I will have to pick it up from my Postal Annex Box, the employees will help me lug it to my car, but I will have to drag the box from the garage to my home, so I will be able to speak to that point.

I want to use it for walking purposes in the evening, as well. Turn on a 30 minute show and walk the length of it, eventually being able to walk an hour long show.

This treadmill was not inexpensive, so I plan on fully testing it out. 

Respected Contributor

@icezeus Thanks, I'll be anxious to hear, since it seems we're on the same page about concerns. I do hope you're careful, or find some help getting it from the car, then garage, into the home. At least I can have mine delivered to my front porch.  Wishing you luck.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Slimline Treadmill TSV

[ Edited ]

@BlueFinch 

I wanted to get back to you on the first part of your question in regards to this treadmill. Mine was delivered this past Tuesday, but I was not able to pick it up until today. I want you to know that it's very heavy. (smile) The unit itself may be 65 lbs but with the box and I assume packing it comes to 75 ponds. Luckily for me, at my Postal Annex Box they helped me get it to my car.

I pulled up to my garage, and then had to duck walk it to my front door. I did not even attempt to try and bring it through the garage because of all of the different angles I would have had to maneuver.  I then placed it gently on it's side and slid it in my front door. (Whew) 

It's still in the box. I plan on taking it out later on this evening and setting it up. I hope to God that it works perfectly and that they're are no problems. I can't imagine the hassle it would be to try and return this. 

Respected Contributor

@icezeus Oh my!  By your post, you may have set it up already.  I sure hope the struggle with getting it inside will be well worth it.  I also hope that once out of the box and ready to roll, that it won't feel too heavy to move, if you plan to.  I might want to move mine, if I eventually opt for it.

I have seen a few reviews coming in.  People either seem to love it, or they are very dissatisfied, with what appears to be some quality control issues. It's too darn expensive to not be of consistent quality, instead of -- are you lucky.  

I'm going to have to weigh the pros and cons carefully, since it will be a bear getting it into my house. I could cope with that, somehow, but not the added hassle of sending it back. That would really be upsetting.   I'm sure hoping yours is perfect.  

Occasional Contributor

I received mine and was also concerned about how much the paskage weighed. Got it set up and had problems with it not coming on unless I kept plugging it in and out of outlet.  Decided to return it and could barely manage the repacking.as I am an elderly woman. UPS picked it up on Monday last and I am still waiting for a notice that QVC received the tredmill. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BlueFinch 

Well here is my final review. The positives of this treadmill are that if you want something already assembled to walk on in your home, this will do. This is a straightforward no bells and whistles piece of equipment. 

The negatives are the weight (extremely heavy). It will not slide under my couch, It's larger at the head of the unit with the wheels and the data information, so I wheel it away after each use, but I have to be very careful because the cord is on the same side as the wheels.. They should have placed it on the side. Also, when you are walking you can here the belt as it's rolling. I have been walking on it, in front of the TV so it's not unduly loud, but I just want to warn you that it's not silent. 

Last point, would I purchase this treadmill knowing what I do about it now. The answer would be yes. Mainly, because it has allowed me to get in cardio exercise on my schedule, and that it was already assembled was a major plus for me. 

Respected Contributor

@icezeus Thanks so much for giving a follow-up review.  I'm glad to hear, that in spite of some of the negatives, that you would've made the purchase anyway, even If you had known the cons, since it meets your specific needs.  

My goals for this treadmill are the same as yours.  As I shared previously, I just want something to get me off the couch while watching TV.  I don't think the noise would bother me that much, since I have surround sound and I can crank it up for a bit, if it does.

I'm leaning more toward making the purchase, but will weigh the pros and cons a bit more.  I think I need to settle on a place for it, where it can stay most of the time. The weight is a concern.  They made it look so easy to move.

Thanks again!  Good luck with your treadmill and -- the best of health to you.