Regular Contributor

Slatkin Candles cheaper today than when they were tsv

Can you believe it?  Horrible TSV price with $6.50 shipping.

Honored Contributor

Re: Slatkin Candles cheaper today than when they were tsv

[ Edited ]

No, I don't believe it because it isn't true.

The candles have been the same price since they have been offered.  I saw the candles when they were offered for presale.  During that time there was a free shipping day.  If I wanted to save some money, I could have ordered them with free shipping then.

When they were offered as a TSV the day of their presentation, they were the same price as the presale price.  It was not a free shipping day, so S&H fees would be applied.

You can still buy the candles today...offered at her same price, if you wish.  Since it is a free shipping day, you won't have to pay for S&H.

If you wait until tomorrow, they will Probably be the same price, but you will pay S&H.

The Slatkin candles are an excellent value if you want a quality candle.  I have some from previous years that were half burned.  They still smell wonderful and the throw has not been diminished.

If you want a dollar store candle, they are out there.  Bath and Body Works has their candles on sale right now...buy three, get three.  BBW charges about  $6.50 to ship three candles.

Regular Contributor

Your math is off Carmine. I paid $39.98 + $6.50 shipping on Wednesday when they were a tsv.  Today they are $43.98 and no shipping. Therefore they are cheaper today than when they were a tsv.  I will thank you to check. I do not want to pay more 2 days after a tsv.  

Honored Contributor

@Drlinda   I'm saw the candles on QVC2 early this morning and they were still the TSV price.  I do now see that the price has gone up on the website.  

You are correct that the price has gone up.  However, S&H has nothing to do with the item price.

So, you did pay a higher price in total when they were a TSV   Maybe $2.50, but your sales tax would off set that a bit too.

I always check the upcoming TSV's on free shipping days, which seem to just about every weekend.  If I want to order something I will save a few bucks.

Because QVC does not have free shipping everyday, this type of thing will happen.  I am not complaining.  I will take advantage of free S&H when I can get it.

I hope you enjoy the candles.

Honored Contributor

I bought them at the tsv price plus $6.50 shipping.  I emailed the social team and asked if I could be refunded the shipping.  They said yes to email them again after it's been shipped and they will refund me.

Esteemed Contributor

"Bath and Body Works has their candles on sale right now...buy three, get three.  BBW charges about  $6.50 to ship three candles." @Carmie 

You were very close when you said "about $6.50" to ship from B&BW...it's actually $5.99. The nice thing about B&BW's shipping is it's $5.99 whether you buy 3, 6, 9, 12, well, you get the idea. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

If you call customer service at 888-345-5788 they will adjust your account for the shipping but you have to wait until they actually ship,  QVC is great about this.  I have done this several times without a problem (and just did it with the Slatkin candles).   Thank you QVC for appreciating your customers!!

Respected Contributor

I contacted the Social Team and they made the adjustment.   QVC CS is exceptional.  They have always been outstanding in this area.  

Respected Contributor

@Pecky  I did too.  They were so responsive and issued the credit.  

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@Pecky  I did too.  They were so responsive and issued the credit.  

@nyc1 QVC's customer service is exceptional.  My candles shipped today and I emailed them and within 5 minutes I was refunded the shipping.