Valued Contributor

The rep just made a comment about fit "up to 2X."   I'm a medium but they look like they' show every lump and there are a few.  Definitely meant to be worn under something.

Respected Contributor

I'm worried that the v-neck would be too low on me as a petite. 

Respected Contributor

I hate these things.......I'm not very big (115lbs), but I feel like a sausage in them......tried a set and all they now do is take up space in my drawer.

Honored Contributor

If you are a tank lover, L.L. Bean has some great ones.  I also like the lace bottom trim ones from Coldwater Creek.

This is my favorite LLB tank (some sizes/colors are on clearance for $14.99).

Women's Unshrinkable Layering Tank
Item #: TK274189

Product Details

An everyday layering essential in all seasons, our smooth and soft cotton/spandex women’s tank top offers extra coverage underneath shirts, sweaters and jackets.

Size & Fit
  • Fitted: Sits close to the body.
  • Falls at hip.

Fabric & Care
  • Cotton, spandex.
  • Machine wash and dry.
Additional Features
  • Printed label.
  • Slim fit makes it ideal for layering.
  • Smooth jersey-knit finish offers a clean line underneath other garments.
  • Combed cotton is washed for extra softness, with touch of spandex for resilient stretch.
  • Variety of colors coordinate with many of our styles.
  • Imported.

I don't own this tank, but it is cut longer/slimmer, if that's what you're looking for.

Women's Premium Supima/Modal Top, Tank
Item #: TK292563

Product Details

With more than 100 years experience, we can sincerely say we've never seen a finer tank than our wide-strap tank top—remarkably soft and resilient, this is a tank like no other.

Fitted
Size & Fit
  • Fitted: Sits close to the body.
  • Falls at hip.

Fabric & Care
  • Jersey-knit blend of Supima cotton/modal rayon/spandex.
  • Supima cotton is grown in the USA.
  • Machine wash and dry.
Additional Features
  • Keeps its shape wash after wash.
  • Printed label.
  • Imported.
Trusted Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I'm worried that the v-neck would be too low on me as a petite. 

@itsmagic, I'm very short with narrow shouders and Skinnytees have been unsuccessful for me.  I tried them to help raise the neckline of other tops that have way too low of a neckline for my liking and even wearing them backwards did nothing for me. At least you didn't see my bra wearing them backwards!

I haven't tried the V neck, just the scoop neck. But based on the video and how they compare to the scoop neck, I'll just stick with my Halftees.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack  Yep - I snip out the tags and wear mine in the reverse too sometimes.  The tags are SO ANNOYING though even snipped out.

SkinnyTees NEEDS to make these things TAGLESS though.  I can't believe they've not done this yet.  Even when you snip the tag out it's still very annoying because you can't really snip out flush without cutting the fabric.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  I love the first one here Ms Lola, much more my style and  not so low cut either.  Skinny tees are cut too low which is why I wear them in reverse sometimes. 

Now that I have more than my fair share of STs I really don't like them that much anymore.  They're too long for me AND THEY ROLL UP!!!!!  These things don't stay down like the vendor says they do.  SO annoying for me which is why I don't wear mine that much anymore.

I have a BUNCH of SG's lace cami's which I so much more love.  They're more perfect in every way, her size small is a perfect fit for me, straps are adjustable, lace trim at the b ottom is nice and they do not hug any part of me, lay very nicely.

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@MaggieMack  Yep - I snip out the tags and wear mine in the reverse too sometimes.  The tags are SO ANNOYING though even snipped out.

SkinnyTees NEEDS to make these things TAGLESS though.  I can't believe they've not done this yet.  Even when you snip the tag out it's still very annoying because you can't really snip out flush without cutting the fabric.

@PINKdogWOOD, I use a very small seam ripper and make sure that I have my highest strength reading glasses on. Lol. So far, I haven't cut into a tee, and have gotten the label off every one, and I have many. I wish I could fix yours for you!

My fear in making them tag less is that the printing would show through. I don't see why they can't put the tag along the lower side, out of the way.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Noticed (on the morning show) when they stretched them that they only stretched them horizontically not vertically. I am intrigued by these but I think they would be way too long on a short person.I also think they are a little pricey.

Honored Contributor

@kzjohnson

May I ask about halftees brand?

What do you like about them?

I am narrow shouldered and need a high crewneck-type.

I would be very interested in any info you could give me? TIA

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~