Trusted Contributor

Since they did a white sole, they might as well went all the way with a white boot.

Valued Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I just think they look cheap.

Looks like something bought at Payless for 24.99.

Valued Contributor

The white soles didn't bother me at all.  If I want boots I want them to be used in the winter and the fact these were not water resistant or water proof was the game changer for me.

Honored Contributor

@hellokitty- Yes, the fact that they're weren't even water-resistant was another deal breaker for me.  I have no use for boots other than in the winter months.  These would've only been good for indoor wear or late autumn and, even then, not on a rainy day like today.

Respected Contributor

Re: Skechers TSV

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@hellokitty- Yes, the fact that they're weren't even water-resistant was another deal breaker for me.  I have no use for boots other than in the winter months.  These would've only been good for indoor wear or late autumn and, even then, not on a rainy day like today.

I have waterproof boots to wear on wet days,  but I purchased these in black for all the cold winter days when it is not raining or there is no snow on the ground.  The last two years we had very little snow here in NJ.  I like to keep these by the back door to slip into to keep my feet warm when running errands. Hope I like the fit when they arrive.  I bought the black because I did not care for the white soles either.  

Honored Contributor

I own several pairs of the Skechers suede ankle boots from years past. A couple of the older, worn ones I put a product called 'Sno-Seal'  on them to make them waterproof. The Sno-Seal makes them look like distressed burnished leather and not suede any more. To me they look ruggedly chic.Woman Very Happy People ask me all the time where I got them and I tell them you can't buy them like this...you have to make them like this with the Sno-Seal.

New Contributor

I own sketchers and I can't wear them in my normal size.  The cloud steppers are small. I usually wear a size 8 but always order my Sketchers at an 8.5.  I ordered several pairs of the TSV and all in 8.5.With this generous return policy I'm not afraid to order 4pairs.  I figure I can wear them around the house and to work and I don't know which colors I'll favor.  After about a month or 2, I'll know which ones I like and which ones I don't....and back to QVC for the ones I don't like.

I love QVC.

Honored Contributor

White soles make all the Skechers shoes look like water shoes to me.  I just don't care for white soles and I surely wouldn't want a white sole on a fall/winter boot that I'd be wearing in mucky, yucky weather. That sole would be a disaster.

I bought my Skechers boots last year from Marshalls for about half the TSV price. They are black with a black sole. 

Occasional Contributor

I ordered the Black & Grey size 6 1/2, I can wear a 6 also. I was so excited when they arrived & immediately tried them on. I have a narrow foot and they were super tight plus the size was too small. I sent them back for a 7W and hope they work out. 

Esteemed Contributor

I never thought about the white soles on ly they are comfortible for me. I have many and have never spent alot for shoes. they were shown too early for the west coast and I wanted the ol