Super Contributor

Skechers TSV on St. Patrick's Day...

... and the Irish products are not on all day. Smiley Sad

Couldn't they do a TSV that has something to do with the day?

I know, QVC makes business decisions about programming based on what sells, it is expensive to ship the products and vendors in, etc. 

I just miss that full day. It felt special. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Skechers TSV on St. Patrick's Day...

Many things lately make QVC feel like a different ballgame....to me,it's more and more like zulily since their merger or takeover

i buy less and less and hardly watch anymore

Honored Contributor

That's kinda sad.  I don't think the q has done a full day of st Patrick day goods for years.  The vendors from Ireland still come though.  I liked seeing the Irish sweaters as a TSV.  Have picked up a couple over the years for my mother.

Respected Contributor

Must be the TSV changed because the Insider said March 17 was an Irish fairy cottage.  

Honored Contributor

Unless they've changed the date, I see skechers as the tsv for March 18th.  They're a regular sneaker with bungee type lacing.

Honored Contributor

I wish they'd skip the Irish days entirely.  I'm not remotely interested in purchasing any of the stuff they show over and over, each year.  If they're going to have days featuring specific nationalities,  I think they need to branch out to others, which are infinitely more interesting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The only items I check out are the belleek.  I collected these for my mom years ago.  DH & I vaca'd in Barbados for 20+ years (yrs ago) and always bought belleek for her in duty free shops for amazing (dirt) cheap prices - gorgeous one of a kind pieces for unbelieveable inexpensive prices.  Mom had a beautiful collection which I have now since she's passed.  My sis for some reason has a couple of them that I purchased (not sure why she has them but it's ok I guess).  And then there were a few pieces that I KNOW mom had (but she denied it) that were broken somehow.  That's a tear-gerker for me but no crying over spilled milk.

Anyway, the belleek I have are gorgeous and I'm so glad I have them.  The q doesn't have many pieces and most of which are ho-hum and of course very expensive especially the woven baskets which I love and have 3 or 4 myself.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the listing in the program guide is a mistake. Skechers is probably on the day before or after. Btw, I'm only about one eighth Irish but I enjoy the shows each year with the music. I think it's good to encourage Irish vendors, the quality is excellent. And how many products do we buy each year that are made in China?  Lots.

Occasional Contributor

I too am not sure of the TSVs for St. Patrick's Day and Friday, March 18th.  If anyone has any details of either day - I would appreciate it greatly!  Thanks so much...have a great day!

Um ... St. Patrick's Day is March 17, not 18.