Honored Contributor

@SarahW I feel exactly the same way.  The footbed, at least up at the toe area, should be the same color of the upper portion of the shoe. For me, that’s the telltale sign of a brand selling a quality sandal, versus manufacturing something to stay at a low price-point. 

Valued Contributor

They are cute, but on several models and on Jane Treacy, I see the pinky toe escaping!!

Honored Contributor

Not a fan!  They may be lightweight but look visually heavy to me particularly the black.

Valued Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Not a fan!  They may be lightweight but look visually heavy to me particularly the black.

I actually like that the black looks a bit heavier. I have other strappier black summer shoes and sandals  but I want more coverage.  They are also something I can wear thru fall when it’s still warm ( hot, even ) and when those strappy looks are too summery. 

I do think the pastels have a heavier look that I don’t particularly care for, but they also give good coverage for the ladies who want that.

Esteemed Contributor

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

They are cute, but on several models and on Jane Treacy, I see the pinky toe escaping!!

Ugh, that's a deal breaker for me. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Re: Skechers TSV 4/14

[ Edited ]

I thought they were really cute.  I liked the blush.  I didn't purchase as I was fearful the blush would get too dirty.

I have many pairs of Fly London, and they are not heavy.  I love my Fly London.  The yellow pair I bought, however, got super dirty in the suede.  That's why I'm not buying these.  I even sprayed them beforehand. 

I also don't mind velcro on some shoes.  I actually like it as long as the shoes are not matronly looking.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I don't find Skeches comfortable.  I know I'm in the minority on that, but I have never really been that thrilled with the few pairs I have purchased in the past.  

I am also not a fan of Velcro.

@faeriemoon, I generally feel the same way about velcro as you do.  I do wish the shoes I owned had a regular strap on them.  However, I have so far not had an issue with the velcro failing which is more than I can say for a lot of my sandals that have an elastic insert in the back strap.  Those have all failed with the elastic stretching out or breaking.

I do not find Skechers gym shoes or any of those Go-Walks to be comfortable at all.  I think we discussed that before.  All that memory foam actually makes my feet turn inwards.  My DH has the same problem.

I do not have that problem with these shoes at all.  I have somewhat skinny ankles and the velcro straps were way too long for me.  I had to fasten them at the very back of the velcro strip so there was a lot of excess strap that flopped around.  I took them to a shoe repair place and they cut them and sewed the edge back on.    

Regular Contributor

I'm not a fan of Sketchers.   I have honestly tried several styles but find they don't have the arch and heel support that I need to have a comfortable fit.  I was tempted on these but just didnt want to have to spend money to return them if it was another failure.