Respected Contributor

I am 5'5 and wear a M.  Should I get the regular length or petitie.  Kersten said she had the regular on and she is much taller than I!

Honored Contributor

Gosh @bargainsgirl 

I don't think anyone can really answer that except you!

It depends on your body style not only your height, I think.

I am only 5'3" and NEVER wear petities.  I have a very short torso and very long legs wearing up to 32" inseam sometimes.

No host has the exact same body shape as I do, so I can't really gauge it by what they might be wearing.

Since they are not full pants, I don't think you can go wrong either way. 

It just depends on where you want them to hit on your leg.

Esteemed Contributor

My thoughts exactly.  It just depends where you would like them to hit on the leg.  There is a 2 inch difference in the length between the regular and the petite.  I am 5'4" and also always order regular in any pants style.  

Respected Contributor

Get a tape measure and find the place on your calf where each size will hit, and then decide.

It really has nothing to do with your height, it has to do with how long your legs are.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Gosh @bargainsgirl 

I don't think anyone can really answer that except you!

It depends on your body style not only your height, I think.

I am only 5'3" and NEVER wear petities.  I have a very short torso and very long legs wearing up to 32" inseam sometimes.

No host has the exact same body shape as I do, so I can't really gauge it by what they might be wearing.

Since they are not full pants, I don't think you can go wrong either way. 

It just depends on where you want them to hit on your leg.

@RespectLife. Exactly.  By contrast, I'm  5'4" and get petite sizes when available.  I wear a 27" inseam because I have short legs.  The rise on petites is also shorter which may cause a fit problem if you normally wear a regular size.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It doesn't really matter which length you choose.  It depends on your personal taste  where you want the pants to hit on your calf.

I checked the measurements on the regular and petite sizes and I can tell that those pants are not true petite sizes.  They should be labled short, medium and tall.

There is nothing about the petite sizes that make them petite. If somone is truly petite, the pants will pull up to the bra line and the crotch will be too long. They are not proportioned for the petite body.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

It doesn't really matter which length you choose.  It depends on your personal taste  where you want the pants to hit on your calf.

I checked the measurements on the regular and petite sizes and I can tell that those pants are not true petite sizes.  They should be labled short, medium and tall.

There is nothing about the petite sizes that make them petite. If somone is truly petite, the pants will pull up to the bra line and the crotch will be too long. They are not proportioned for the petite body.

@Carmie , this is what I was going to ask. Are they really petite or are they just shorter in length?

I am 5'4" and I cannot wear a petite. A true petite is too short in the rise for me besides being too short in length.  Likewise, with some pants I prefer a long length depending on the shoes I am going to wear but a true tall doesn't work for me because the rise is off. 

Respected Contributor

Do we know if the petites are a true petite or are they just shorter in length.  The length is too long on these for me, but I might consider the petite if it's just leg length.  I'm sure the pocket will be a deal-breaker for many, but for me it's ok, something different.

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue   You can view the measurements for each size. The petite rise from front rise to the waist t is 10.375 and the average is 10.875 on a size medium.  That amount is so minuscule that it won't make a difference.

I can only wear true petite size pants and if I were to buy these, the crotch area would be dragging too low.  I can't wear QVC petite size pants for this reason.  I am always having to pull them up to under my bra line.