Contributor
Accepted Solution

Sizing - Halston Regular Hi-Low Hem Knit Maxi Dress

HI! I got this dress the other day. I thought the XL would work for me, but it was huge. Now I'm not sure if I should get the Large or possibly the Medium. I am 5'9" and normally wear a 14/16 or an XL in regular store sizes. I'm contemplating the medium because of the loose fit of this dress, but I don't want it to be too clingy. Can anyone help? Did you have a similar situation? Both sizes are sold out at the moment, but I thought I would start planning with the possibility that they will come back Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sizing - Halston Regular Hi-Low Hem Knit Maxi Dress

[ Edited ]

You mean someone else's return ... in this dress ... eeewww.  

I don't mind occasionally buying a jacket or coat that's a return because it's usually tried on over something ... a blouse, sweater or dress (I hope); but not something like a t-shirt or t-dress as is the case here ... I don't want it if it comes back.   But that's just me ... I'm funny that way.

Contributor

I never thought about that, but I never even wore the dress, just tried it on. I would hope I'm not getting something that someone wore! My concern right now is the size. One of the things that bothers me with QVC, is getting the right size and having to go through the hassel of returning and trying again. I should have ordered 2 sizes to begin with!

Honored Contributor

There is do much room in this dress that I would think if you don't have a large chest size than a med. would work.I just have the feeling this dress would not flatter those with a large bust...it could look like a tent.

Contributor

Do you think the dress would still be loose fitting below the bust? I'm large busted, but not huge!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The click here measurments by the lsiting are very accurate-  I wear a large (on oaccasion xl) and got the dress in a medium. I'm a dd also - and  carry my unproportional weight in the middle. The medium is great. Not tight, not loose- jsut sort of skims on the body. I love the material and drape of this dress! I also got to regualr length, even though I'm 5'4", I prefer my knees covered in front and the 'low' part hits the lower part of my calf/top of my ankles.

Valued Contributor

I received my dress and I am so Glad that I read the measurements and compared the measurements to dress I already have. I not only ordered petite but I went 2 sizes down.  I ordered a petite large when I am a 1x and it fit me good but I think I will wear it with an boi belt or some kind of belt.  The fabric is super soft and it could be a nice dress for people who are homebound.