Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the presentation, but called C/S and was told 85% lean - I always get 90% angus so don't know difference in taste. Have bought 95% lean burger, but it kind of fell apaart while cooking.

Honored Contributor

I love having these in the freezer to just whip out on a night when I don't want to cook much. They are very good if not overcooked.  For the convenience and taste, $3.00 a burger is not too much in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I didn't see the presentation, but called C/S and was told 85% lean - I always get 90% angus so don't know difference in taste. Have bought 95% lean burger, but it kind of fell apaart while cooking.

@eddyandme  Beef needs some fat to hold it together. Smiley Happy  I eat lean for the most part, but when I eat beef, I want some fat, more flavor and juiciness.  Some people put a pat of butter in the center of lean ground beef, but then that is fat also, so may just as well get the meat with some fat in it.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@eddyandme  Beef needs some fat to hold it together. Smiley Happy  I eat lean for the most part, but when I eat beef, I want some fat, more flavor and juiciness.  Some people put a pat of butter in the center of lean ground beef, but then that is fat also, so may just as well get the meat with some fat in it.

@mousiegirl

Thanx, makes sense. Usually get leanest 'cause don't have to drain the pan - duh! Think, hope, I'll like these 85% ones! Gotta try the butter sometime, though; that really sounds good!

Honored Contributor

Isn't blood supposed to be drained from the cow so little ends up in the meat?  I was never quite sure what meat "juices" are.  Sorry, we dont eat much meat.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

@Catch71  You are buying a package of 14 of them, shelf life in the freezer is usually 2-3 months at the most.  That's a lot of burgers for one person.

I'm sure your butcher would make you sirloin burgers and less of them.

Shelf life is 6 months and with summer approaching they would be used before they lost flavor.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Prepare for the yum yum face tonight

You've been warned

I prefer yum yum face over happy dance any day.  Plus, yum yum face just happens (even if forced), but happy dance is a production.

Respected Contributor

I just made a delicious burger yesterday. Yes, expensive BUT it was perfectly ground flavorful and seared up nicely on my high BTU stove.

what was important to me was having the individual patties protected to avoid freezer burn and I have the convenience for f taking one at a time. I'm single, cooking for one can be a real pain, so I will see if I continue with these.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sirloin Burgers

[ Edited ]

@Mustang Shar wrote:

I just made a delicious burger yesterday. Yes, expensive BUT it was perfectly ground flavorful and seared up nicely on my high BTU stove.

what was important to me was having the individual patties protected to avoid freezer burn and I have the convenience for f taking one at a time. I'm single, cooking for one can be a real pain, so I will see if I continue with these.

@Mustang Shar I hear you.  When I had the financial firepower I used to order a lot of food online but now that my life has changed/slowed down I don't anymore which is why I was so happy to find those burgers at GFS.  I can wrap them individually, seal them separately/Food Saver them and then take out delicious single portions and throw them on my trusty Masterbuilt electric grill! . . . Smiley Happy