Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

By people who were GIVEN the shovel to try out.

Just saying.....

@SilleeMee wrote:

If it means anything...amazon has five reviews on this shovel and they're all 5-stars. 

An assumption on your part and probably wrong as the 5 reviews are noted with "verified purchase."  Usually when people are GIVEN something to review, it is stated in their review..."I received this product for free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review."

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

Either way, you're going to kill yourself shoveling snow.  Buy a snowblower.  

I know a guy with a snowblower...and seven and a half fingers.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

It's not magic.  The shorter handle does nothing more than extend the reach of your arm.  How can that be a bad thing?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I have been intrigued with this shovel since earlier today.  After watching the live presentation I have to say it's a no for me as although I think it would be great in certain situations (clearing off a porch, deck or patio) I am not comfortable with it making headway in heavier snow.

A few years ago I purchased this on a whim from Costco and I just love it as it has that middle bar which is incredibly helpful but this shovel is very substantial:

True Temper SnoBoss 26 in. Snow Shovel

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

I have been intrigued with this shovel since earlier today.  After watching the live presentation I have to say it's a no for me as although I think it would be great in certain situations (clearing off a porch, deck or patio) I am not comfortable with it making headway in heavier snow.

A few years ago I purchased this on a whim from Costco and I just love it as it has that middle bar which is incredibly helpful but this shovel is very substantial:

@momtochloe,

I've got a shovel that has one of those funny curved handles...a back-saver they call it and it, too is substantial (heavy) but it really picks up a lot of snow at one time. I take a lot of breaks while shoveling and do it before it gets too deep! It's my wintertime exercise work-out!Smiley Very Happy

31Lx+F6MHQL._AC_US160_.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe,

I've got a shovel that has one of those funny curved handles...a back-saver they call it and it, too is substantial (heavy) but it really picks up a lot of snow at one time. I take a lot of breaks while shoveling and do it before it gets too deep! It's my wintertime exercise work-out!Smiley Very Happy

31Lx+F6MHQL._AC_US160_.jpg

Oh @SilleeMee thanks for the grins . . . I have had many of my male neighbors come over and envy said shovel . . . what I love about it is that you can not only shovel snow but also push a large amount to wherever you want it directed without a ton of effort and again those middle bars are incredibly helpful . . . I think there are many inovations in snow shoveling but I am not sure I am buying into the TSV . . . Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I think the concept is good. But I would be afraid that handle would break with heavy wet snow.

Trusted Contributor

I watched the presentation and I'm tell you, I thought it was a lot of "EXTRA' throwing of the snow to make  it "seem" like the shovel was doing the action.  I have to wait for the reviews but I was not impressed. Maybe if they had a video showing how it worked instead of Rick with his snaynegans and extra drama.

I was watching and what I was looking at was the extra throwing after the snow was picked up and my husband also mentioned, was hat fake snow, the snow looked fake and super light.  I passed on this item.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Occasional Contributor

I don't post much - mostly a reader to make decisions on whether to purchase an item or not.  So much good info here but I must add my few remarks regarding this shovel.  Did anyone notice that David did not use the shovel.  The other hosts gave it a try so does this mean that he is too tall to use it.  I'm waiting for the presentation later on to see if he tries to shovel snow.  Looks like a back breaker to me.

Respected Contributor

Well I'm short (5'2") with history of herniated disc and bad sprains, living in New England, with a little dog... so for 25 bucks, I gotta give it a try.  It looks gives leverage without bending down to ground  to lift shovel full of snow-  I think it will help and it's not like new shovel designs come along often- I'll give an honest review. Hoping it's great!