Honored Contributor

Re: Should I buy the TSV Temptations set?

No. 

Respected Contributor

I guess it's best use is as decorative pieces.  It is always pretty to see.  I would never buy it.  Best to just stick with pyrex or corning even tho' it isn't beautiful.

New Contributor

I have not had any problems at all. Just baked a cherry and apple pie today. Wonderful quality. You just have to pay attention to the use and care that they send with each piece. You will love it!
Honored Contributor

@Juliettes   Must disagree.  It is not wonderful quality.  You can see and feel the difference when comparing it to fine quality.  People who've had trouble with it describe following the care and use instructions to the letter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@pegomyheart wrote:

I have never bought Temptations,  but am "tempted"  by this set.  Can you recommend it?

@pegomyheart 

This set has beautiful sizes and patterns. I'm sorry to say I can only recommend it if you use it more for serving than cooking and accept in advance that you could lose a few pieces to the craxing and cracking others have mentioned.

To be fair, they are inexpensive, and you do get what you pay for. Also, I have a few bakers and a pair of mugs from this brand that are fine. But despite very gentle handling, I've lost too many to buy it again.

The oven gloves are really good.

New Contributor

I am sorry that some have had problems but my experience has been nothing but positive. My friend also has Temptations in black and white polka dot and does a ton of cooking and baking with hers and does not have any problems. She also has followed the care instructions. I also know others that have had no issues and have had pieces for years. Temptations also have a wonderful warranty as well. Sorry for the problems others have had but my experience and others I know have all been very positive. No crazing, cracking or color changes. I still am a very happy customer 😊
Honored Contributor

I have several old sets and have had no problems, but I would not buy anymore after reading about how many have cracked in the oven,  etc.  I think  the quality has gone way down.  I would not  buy any for gifts now either.

Honored Contributor

@pegomyheart 

I have many temptations for everyday and seasonal. 

Truthfully, I don't cook/bake in them due to many bad experiences.  I will say they beautifully dress a table or buffet bar .

Just as easy to transfer foods.  Yet, I do many cold things in them!

I needed another piece like a hole in the head but I'm tempted to get the new taupe floral lace but just saw the OW ones.  These pieces all blend well with other table pieces I have 🙂

Contributor

I have several sets in the old black and white paisley pattern. I've never had an issue with cracking, crazing or discoloration. I love my sets because they came with wire carriers to hold the hot dishes. I stopped buying when they discontinued my pattern, but I'm tempted by the Old World grey in this set, which would complement the paisley.  I like the idea of a serving set and am enamored of the little ceramic knives.

Super Contributor

@Juliettes  Thank you for sharing YOUR experience and opinion. It is valued and valid. In fact, it's exactly what was requested by the OP. I appreciate that you restated your opinion ... good for you!