Respected Contributor

Re: Should I buy the TSV Temptations set?

I love my Temptations and have not had the negative experiences some have reported. I’ve had 2 pieces crack. Both times, I did something with it they specifically say not to do. My mother has used it longer than I have, and she’s never lost a piece.
Frequent Contributor

I, now try to be a wise consumer, and not buy because of the beauty of the product, but the durability. I, for one would never buy temptations again. I't cracked in half in my oven, and made a mess. My, cake was ruined, and took alot of time to clean. Not a dependable product.

Esteemed Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I guess it's best use is as decorative pieces.  It is always pretty to see.  I would never buy it.  Best to just stick with pyrex or corning even tho' it isn't beautiful.

@Another new name Sue  I use my pyrex and corningware for hot items- and temptations for cold dishes. 

New Contributor

I have a beautiful set of Old World with 4 bakers and 2 lidded bowls that I received as a gift 10+ years ago. I have baked and served with these over and over with no problems. I ordered the TSV and was so excited to get it, but the first time I cooked something in the large elongated baker it cracked in the oven at 400 degrees. I was shocked given the quality of my original set, but the pieces in the TSV are very different from my originals. Very disappointing.