Respected Contributor

Re: Should I buy the TSV Temptations set?

I thought the set would take up alot of storage space!!  That alone for me would be a pass. Some of my friends don't bake enough to break up the set and gift the pieces. I find the bottom of the product gets too dark and hard for quick breads. 

I have  the casserole dishes with the covers and have some of those with glass covers. The knob to lift it off kept breaking off. They replaced one  lid and it still broke off. It is all made in China. I think they chip in normal use. I have some soup mugs with covers I like.  

Esteemed Contributor

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

@pegomyheart  If I were you, I would not purchase any Temptations.  I bought the TSV 2 or so years ago which was my first Temptations purchase.  I used one of the bakers in the oven twice.  I heard it crack in the oven.  The oven was nowhere near 500 degrees which is what they claim it can handle.  Thankfully it didn't completely break and make a mess, but I had to throw it out.  Now I just use the other pieces I have to hold candy. 

Super Contributor

Ok Ladies, thanks for the heads up.  I just saved $50!   I knew I could count on you.

Respected Contributor

You get what you pay for. I bought a Temptations set once to give as a gift. The painting job on it was so awful I sent it back. Seems like a good deal watching the demonstrations on TV ( they put delicious looking food in them to demonstrate) it makes you want to purchase. Beware when you get a lot of pieces for a good price it is probably too good to be true, quality is not there. 
Good stoneware does not crack if used correctly in the oven. I have polish stoneware I have used for over 10 years without any issues. But, it was expensive!

Esteemed Contributor

My older temptations pieces are fine- but anything bought the last 5 years has had issues....Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

I am an avid collector of Temptations, and am strongly considering this set.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I bought one 9 X 13 piece, it was a TSV.  It has not broken, but it has "crazed" like crazy.  Won't buy any more.  The paint job was not all that good either.

@Puppy Lips I like the variety of pieces in this tsv. But figured I'd wait for  reviews to see if  crazing/breakage issues had been rectified. If I decided  to purchase it would defintiely be the solid color 'woodland' set! The panting can be so sloppy and inconsistent. Most of my pieces were bought at a Q outlet -- and I open the box first  to check the pieces. 

Honored Contributor

We've heard too many horror stories about the bottoms falling out of this stuff while filled with scalding hot food.  It's dangerous, cheap junk.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

No.  Mine are getting brown "stains" inside the dish and on the bottom of the dish.  I/m also experiencing crack issues.  I just toss the ones that crack because I don't feel safe cooking with it.