Honored Contributor

I bought a Hoover Platinum vacuum several months ago and I REALLY liked it. One problem - it was missing a piece in the dirt cup. And all the dirt clogged numerous parts of the vacuum. It took me an afternoon to clean out all the dirt that was in places it should not have been. I bought the vacuum directly from Hoover. I called customer service at Hoover numerous times over the last 2 months and they said they would send me the missing piece. Last time I talked to them 2 weeks ago - they said they would locate the part and call me and send out the piece. They never called nor did they send the piece. I am tired of the run around.

I really liked the vacuum and would like to keep it. But it is doing me no good without the piece. I am not sure if they will ever send it to me. And I don't believe customer service anymore since they have been telling me the same story for 2 months and so far not results.

Should I just send the vacuum back and buy a Dyson? One more thing - I have been "babysitting" my brother's dog for the past 2 months. The dog sheds like crazy. I have to vacuum at least once a day and my present vacuum does not do well with dog hair on carpeting. So I am getting so annoyed that the hair is everywhere and I can't seem to get rid of it. And no one at Hoover seems to be trying to help me either. I think if it weren;t such a good vacuum I would have given up by now.