Respected Contributor

I ordered a pair of Clarks shoes a few weeks ago.  In the past the shoes were in a shoe box, then that shoe box was put in a cardboard shipping box  My last order was sent in a plastic bag.  Shoe box was inside but crushed..  Luckily shoes were not damaged.  Guess its cheaper for them to send bags than boxes,

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shoes Came in Plastic Bag

@Catch71   My last pair was sent that way also, but the shoes were not crushed.

Respected Contributor

I just got a pair of Spenco sandles which came in a plastic bag.  Not a problem with the sandle.  Maybe they are trying to save on shipping and landfill waste.  I do think though that some shoes would need to be in a box to prevent crushing.

Honored Contributor

Yes, some shoes, expensive handbags, molded bras shouldn't be in crushable plastic bags. 

Lucky they didn't stuff it into your mail slot.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I would not like it if shoes I ordered online didn’t ship in a shoe box. I guess it’s good I don’t buy shoes online very often. 

Honored Contributor

Well I would send that back in a hot second as defective!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, I have sometimes received them in a plastic bag, too.

Lately my purchases are arriving in plain white bags; no QVC logo on them or self-stick ability to return an item.  I assume it's a cost-cutting measure.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I ordered a pair of Clarks shoes a few weeks ago.  In the past the shoes were in a shoe box, then that shoe box was put in a cardboard shipping box  My last order was sent in a plastic bag.  Shoe box was inside but crushed..  Luckily shoes were not damaged.  Guess its cheaper for them to send bags than boxes,

@Catch71  .... I would send them back ASAP .... the shoes belong in a shoe box not a plastic bag!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@January121 wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

@Catch71  .... I would send them back ASAP .... the shoes belong in a shoe box not a plastic bag!!!!!

The shoes themselves WERE in a shoebox.  But the shoes in the shoebox were then placed in a plastic mailing bag to send instead of in a mailing box.

Honored Contributor

Had a pair of boots sent to me that way from HSN but never from QVC.  Called CS and they apologized, no explanation but did inquire as to if they were damaged, which they were not.