Trusted Contributor

my tops are always tucked in, save for sweaters if they're bulky. otherwise, i will half tuck them. the untucked look just never suited me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like the half tuck.

Esteemed Contributor

I really don't understand the half tuck/quarter tuck thing. to me, it looks like the person meant to tuck their shirt in but got distracted and forgot to tuck the other side. it just looks unfinished and sloppy.

but, I'll admit I'm not the most fashionable person and pretty much don't keep up with fashion trends, most of which seem to be focused on the very young, so I Googled it.

who knew there are so many "official" tucking options? I found "Casual shirt tuck, front tuck, military tuck, half tuck, quarter tuck, full tuck".

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Super Contributor

The half-tuck looks ridiculous.  Tuck or no tuck, just make a decision.

Honored Contributor

My tuck days are long gone.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Re: Shirt Tucking

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

I really don't understand the half tuck/quarter tuck thing. to me, it looks like the person meant to tuck their shirt in but got distracted and forgot to tuck the other side. it just looks unfinished and sloppy.

but, I'll admit I'm not the most fashionable person and pretty much don't keep up with fashion trends, most of which seem to be focused on the very young, so I Googled it.

who knew there are so many "official" tucking options? I found "Casual shirt tuck, front tuck, military tuck, half tuck, quarter tuck, full tuck".

@MariotaMurielle   Personally, I agree about the half tuck.  Reminds me of when watching a TV show or something & they show the character exiting out of the bathroom or bedroom to imply that they must have been doing something in there to come out half dressed.  LOL

But for those that do like it & can pull off the look, brava to that.  Amy Stran is one who can.  

And I got tuckered out reading about all those official ways to tuck.  Good thing we are not making any typos in this thread.  Woman LOL

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tuck or half tuck if a top is longer than the top of my skirt or pants, otherwise I feel the look is sloppy, dated, or matronly.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

I'm short-waisted. At no point in my life was tucking shirts in a good look.

Regular Contributor
I would if I could, but I ain’t cause I cain’t lol!! Not with this little post menopausal pooch I have Smiley Sad. But it does look cute on some people if it’s done right.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Never. That's the most uncomfortable thing ever. If it's not comfy I'm not wearing it. LOL!!!