Super Contributor

Do you tuck in your top because it's in fashion? I used to tuck everything but those days are long gone for me. I do what I feel looks good on me.

Respected Contributor

No tucking for me at this stage in my life. Back in the day, yes. Now, no.

Trusted Contributor

IMHO the only people who should be tucking are those with flat tummies.  Number one reason I won't be.  But people should do what they like.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Mint2 wrote:

Do you tuck in your top because it's in fashion? I used to tuck everything but those days are log gone for me. I do what I feel looks good on me.

@Mint2   I usually tuck when I can.  But I do a full or whole tuck, not a half tucker.  But depending on the outfit I will blouse it out (blouson) if the look warrants it.

Sidebar for Seinfeld fans.....  Tuck or no tuck?  LOL

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

I don't adopt a new fashion if it's not flattering to me. I have a tummy and a mirror, so I know that I look much better with my tops untucked. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

I would wear this with the right jean and right top. For Christmas Eve my 30 year old daughter had a body suit with classy jeans and a belt. Looked so good. It had been awhile since I had seen that and always liked that look. But, like many posters, I don't look like I did years ago. As I said, if it is the perfect fitting bottom and top, I can carry it. I also will put a short cardigan over it and it looks more upscale than just a shirt hanging out over jeans. 

Super Contributor

@cjm61 I agree I will tuck in with the right pant and a cardigan. 

Honored Contributor

@Mint2   I have never in my life looked my best when I dressed just to be in fashion.  If what looks best on me is also fashionable, that's a plus.

Respected Contributor

I kind of like the "half-tuck" look...but not on me! My days of any tucking are long over, just too much tummy.

Honestly, I don't think I'd tuck even if I were slimmer these days...my body type made it hard for me to keep shirts tucked in neatly, even back in the days when I was much younger and slimmer. I was thrilled when untucked became more fashionable!

Respected Contributor

I always found the tuck thing annoying when shopping on line since I can't see how the hem falls.