Frequent Contributor

Shedding Problem with Dennis Basso TSV

I received the sapphire throw today and thought it was very much like others I have purchased in the past, which I love.  EXCEPT this one sheds like crazy.  I tried washing it, but all that did was cover my dryer inside and out with very fine 1/2' blue hairs that are very difficult to clean up.  I ended up having to vacuum and use a lint brush on everything that it touched or was near.....the washer and dryer, the clothes I was wearing (which are now in the washer), the sofa, a chair, the bed, the bedroom rug, the hardwood floors, etc.  What a mess!  It's like clipped blue hair after a haircut, and it's everywhere.  

I'm wondering if others have had this problem or if the one I received is defective.  I have the zebra throw coming tomorrow, and I don't want to go through this entire mess again, so if others are having the same problem, I won't even open the package.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shedding Problem with Dennis Basso TSV

Sounds awful.

I would contact QVCSocialTeam@QVC.com

explain the problem as defective and to send a full refung W S&H.

They are excellent and have always helped me.

Esteemed Contributor

DB's fur throws were $100 couple years back and they were beautiful.  Then gifted 4 for $50 ea  a year later and could see the quality-lushness had diminished.

The current ones (to me).....didn't appeal to my sense of great.  Didn't need any so your posting is interesting; but not surprising.  Get your money back and that sends a message to Dennis.  Quality = not acceptable

Honored Contributor

This is going to be very interesting if they all shed like the blue one.  I don't see how j u st one throw could be defective.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have a coat from his line that I got about 10 years ago. Great coat...faux suede on outside, faux fur on inside. So warm BUT it sheds something awful. When I would take it off, it looked like I sat in cat hair 🥴 and I do not own animals.  Never wear it and I think it may go the donation bin. 

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

DB's fur throws were $100 couple years back and they were beautiful.  Then gifted 4 for $50 ea  a year later and could see the quality-lushness had diminished.

The current ones (to me).....didn't appeal to my sense of great.  Didn't need any so your posting is interesting; but not surprising.  Get your money back and that sends a message to Dennis.  Quality = not acceptable

I feel the same way. I bought the original one and it was very lush. Then I bought another one at a cheaper price, the quality was half of what it was. I never bought again. You get what you pay for in this instance.

Respected Contributor

@Shop Too Much wrote:

I received the sapphire throw today and thought it was very much like others I have purchased in the past, which I love.  EXCEPT this one sheds like crazy.  I tried washing it, but all that did was cover my dryer inside and out with very fine 1/2' blue hairs that are very difficult to clean up.  I ended up having to vacuum and use a lint brush on everything that it touched or was near.....the washer and dryer, the clothes I was wearing (which are now in the washer), the sofa, a chair, the bed, the bedroom rug, the hardwood floors, etc.  What a mess!  It's like clipped blue hair after a haircut, and it's everywhere.  

I'm wondering if others have had this problem or if the one I received is defective.  I have the zebra throw coming tomorrow, and I don't want to go through this entire mess again, so if others are having the same problem, I won't even open the package.

@Shop Too Much  Thanks for the heads' up. My lynx is backordered which sounds like a true blessing! If Dennis has cut corners, and has substituted low quality products, I'm done ordering his throws. #canceled. 👎🏻

Esteemed Contributor

I had ordered the blue one than cncelled after I read the prior reviews saying the blue one  shed like crazy even after washing it .

I just received  the chinchilla one today . So far  under welomed by it - I wondered abt it feeling cheap based on the price point .  Was disappointed also with the Berkshire throw that was Laser cut  being so thin  and now jsut 10 days later on sale plus free shipping ......

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

gifted 4 for $50 ea  a year later and could see the quality-lushness had diminished.

Did you get these ones? November 24, 2006

ScreenShot070.png

Respected Contributor

@banned again wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

gifted 4 for $50 ea  a year later and could see the quality-lushness had diminished.

Did you get these ones? November 24, 2006

ScreenShot070.png

@banned again  Thanks for the throw back memory! You can tell from this photo that this was a heavier, better quality throw. It's fun to see Kathy Kevine, too!