Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shedding Problem with Dennis Basso TSV

@banned again No - w/ Kathy

Bought mine 2017  for $100 = lush and soft

Bought 4 gifts the following year = $50   Thinner..................

Esteemed Contributor

Seems his quality as well as others has gone downhill.  They just keep raising the price and making the items cheaper.  I have one of those nice throws from 2006 and I love it.

Even back then though when I received it there was a part of the edge that was totally unsewn.  I repaired it but never bought another one or anything elese from his line.

Honored Contributor

I got the leopard and I'm happy with mine...no shedding and it's very cozy!  I have two other DB faux fur throws from previous years and they seem to be about the same quality & thickness.

Frequent Contributor

Okay, here's an update to my original post. 

The zebra arrived today, so I decided to give it a shot.  I slid it against the bottom of my duvet cover and it shed a bit, but not as much as the blue.  I immediately threw it in the washer and dryer.  It shed inside the dryer, but not nearly as much as the blue, and it took me only a few  minutes to clean out the dryer.  After it dried, I slid it across the bottom of the duvet cover again, and washing did not alleviate the problem.  Again, it’s not nearly as bad as the blue, or maybe the blue just shows up more.  In any case, they’re both going back.

I have a heavy DB throw from several years ago and a few of the thinner ones, as well.  I actually like the thinner ones because they aren't so bulky and drape nicely over the back of a sofa or chair.  I've never had this shedding problem before....as I continue to notice little blue hairs all over my computer screen...ugh.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought one of the older ones for 50 and it was nice but it didn't excite me that much! I got the slippers at the same time and they were pretty slim and floppy. 

Respected Contributor

I received mine today (the marble one) and it is beautiful.   I immediately washed it and put it into the dryer on low and was so nervous after reading some of the reviews.  I thought there would be so much lint in my dryer but I was so surprised that there was hardly any, just a tiny bit, hardly noticeable.  My dog has confiscated this already and she seems really happy all snuggled up. (LOL).  

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately for me I purchased two- which were the  Chinchilla  and  the Fox, both  were intended as gifts  . One was for my Husband for on the sofa the other was to give to a friend . I was stunned by the thinness  and lack of plush. Now I know why Dennis Basso kept saying QVC wanted him to provide a throw at under $50 . I am likely to return both . I saw the  newest GILI  blanket but am afraid it will look like a shaggy dog , so back to looking at Berkshires blankets. 

I have a couple of  the Pamela MCCoy faux fur blankets from several yrs ago , that I put away as they are dry clean only . They are excellent  quality and warm . Glade I have held onto them since replacement with a washable style has been disappointing .

Trusted Contributor

I am disappointed to hear this. I ordered the Sapphire throw for my 5 year old grandson to snuggle with for Christmas and now it's too late to cancel it, I think it is suppose to arrive in the next couple days.  I much prefer Donna Saylors Fabulous Faux Furs, they are very well made, but expensive.

Respected Contributor

Glad I cancelled my order before it shipped.  

Respected Contributor

I got the lynx throw the other day, and really like it.  Washed it today, as it had a bit of a chemical smell, and draped it over the shower doors in the bathroom to dry.  No lint issues that I have noticed.

I have some older Basso throws that are much thicker and warmer, and I love them at the foot of my bed for napping or extra warmth on a bitter night.  But I prefer a lighter throw when curled up watching tv or reading.  The lynx is oversized and very soft....perfect for watching tv on the couch.

For me, the throw was a good purchase.