Frequent Contributor

Re: Shawn's gladiator shoes/sandals. Yikes

I am not a fan of the gladiator shoe. So , no I didn't care for her look either. Were they extreme ?
Frequent Contributor

Cavalcade: so true. I bought my gladiator sandals last year from Urban Outfitters.
Esteemed Contributor

Love the dress, and the sandals are ok--I just didn't like those sandals paired with that little black dress.
Super Contributor

I like the gladiator style but not on Shawn with that type of dress. That said she has her own unique style of dressing which you either love or not. ........in this case, not.
Honored Contributor

I think she looked great and her outfit was super cute including the shoes.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 3/14/2015 Chi-town girl said:

The gladiator is definitely trending. Just received a promotional email from Nordstrom today.

Nordstrom has over 100 gladiator style shoes: http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr?origin=keywordsearch&contextualcategoryid=2375500&keyword=gladiator+san...

I have several ankle style gladiators, and love them. The knee high one is a bit more challenging to wear/style. It does look good with a safari style dress, jacket, shirt.

from the ground up - the GLADIATOR

I like these gladiators (above), which are more close-fitting. SK's are almost too loose...plus her dress is almost too long to wear with gladiators.

If wearing those gladiators, I would style her in a cream turtle/mock neck sweater, long boyfriend cardigan & loose shorts....yes, mid-thigh shorts...not Bermudas, but a pinch shorter. She's got great legs...and having that tonal upper would spot-light the lower gladiators.

Its a tough accessory to pull off, but style it right, it would rock!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Respected Contributor

Shawn had been doing a lot better lately in the wardrobe department, however, I thought those gladiator things looked hideous and they weren't appropriate for a professional look on air. The only things missing were Charlton Heston and a chariot race.

Contributor

Not a fan of these shoes, but she's so cute and adorable they don't look that bad on her.

Esteemed Contributor

I wondered if she raided Courtney's closet. I agree that the sandals would look better with shorts or shorter dress/skirt.
Honored Contributor

I like the sandals and I like the dress, but in this case not together.