Respected Contributor

Re: Shawn is so funny tonite looking great and doing a great presentation

@Reever wrote:

I think she's deperately trying to look 29. She doesn't accept the fact that she is aging.

And why would she. 

Honored Contributor

Here’s a quick, easy self help management tool when you “feel bad saying something mean about someone”- don’t say it!

Respected Contributor

Praise/gush for the diva.  For sure the mods won't delete this thread.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The day Shawn stopped being authentic was the day I was no longer a fan.  That was when Lisa Robertson left. 

Shawn, imo, is no longer authentic.  I don't do well with those who are not genuine. 

I'm no longer one who watches her often.  In fact, I rarely tune in to see what she's presenting.    It's just my opinion of course, and I could be wrong about her.  

I don't think she is giving the information on products that she should be.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

how do you know what her hair is ?Is it thick ? Many of them have extensions and use the spray tan gun while we think the tanning products are going to come out even on us when they are using a professional tool ! The hosts have their hair done by professionals before they go on air and their nails aren't even real, they even get their teeth professionally whittened . No shade, just facts It's the way it is in TV land. Their body their choice.
Super Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Shawn used to be so genuine when she first came to QVC ,  I feel She has changed  tremendously.    She seems very full of herself and just struts around  never giving the details I want on items presented .  Just wants to try this or that on or asking the producers to order her whatever it is ,  I really dislike that with any show host.  It's just silly and self serving.  I don't care for  her fashion sense or her hair coloring ,  very harsh makeup as well .  It's her choice though and obviously she likes it.   She needs to act her age she is not a teenager any longer even though she may want to still be.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Shawn used to be so genuine when she first came to QVC ,  I feel She has changed  tremendously.    She seems very full of herself and just struts around  never giving the details I want on items presented .  Just wants to try this or that on or asking the producers to order her whatever it is ,  I really dislike that with any show host.  It's just silly and self serving.  I don't care for  her fashion sense or her hair coloring ,  very harsh makeup as well .  It's her choice though and obviously she likes it.   She needs to act her age she is not a teenager any longer even though she may want to still be.

I agree.  She rarely is thorough in her presentations.  She used to be when she first started.  I think she's always trying to be comedic.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I agree.  She rarely is thorough in her presentations.  She used to be when she first started.  I think she's always trying to be comedic.  

I think what Shawn is always trying to be is "above it all."  You are supposed to buy what she says you should by and not question little details like dimensions, sizing, efficacy, fabric content, etc.  As long as she's uber excited about it, and some celebrity buys them for more money, why are would we be so mundane as to need actual purchasing information? 

You're right, she was not like this until Lisa R. left and they gave Shawn much of her mantel.  Too bad.

Honored Contributor

I really like and enjoy Shawn as a host! She and Amy Stran are awesome Heart

Shawn and Amy are very successful! That's why they both get the premiere shows, hours and items. Their shows are  typically the only time that I shop Q.

It seems those that don't 'like' Shawn and Amy are in the minority. They dig deep repeatedly to fling personal insults and jabs. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri