Valued Contributor

Does anyone know how old this model is? Has it been around for a few years and perhaps is not the newest offering?

Honored Contributor

No it has a cord. I have a Dyson. I like Dyson but I don't like holding the on button down the whole time I vacuum. As I get older it makes my hand wrist hurt.

I want a cordless Shark. DH can use the Dyson. 

I have 2 almost new vacuums I hardly used in the shed. One is a Kenmore canister the other is Hoover upright. Both with cords so I'm not using them. I don't need a cord to trip over. Waste of money.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
@Pinky. They don’t stand up but it’s not a huge issue from my standpoint I have a shark abd it does not stand up but when you’re using it it doesn’t feel top heavy

@Teddixat 

I never thought about that. I have a Dyson. I set it on the floor since it won't stand up either.

Don't know what I will do as I get older. Eventually I probably won't be able to bend over to pick it up off the floor. Guess I will figure it out if I'm still here when the situtation comes up?

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz Thanks for pointing that out about the button on the Dyson. I thought that was the case during one of their presentations and I thought what on earth? Who wants to hold the button down the entire time?

I have an older Shark that's this style. The only upside of this TSV would be not cleaning the roller. The model I have has a better pet attachment that is motorized. And yes this style is a little annoying if you stop to do something. I just lay it down if it won't lean against something. I do still love this vacuum though and I think it's maybe 9 years old and working great.

Contributor
@QPrincess it looks like 2023. According to the reviews and Q&A section.
Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@Nightowlz Thanks for pointing that out about the button on the Dyson. I thought that was the case during one of their presentations and I thought what on earth? Who wants to hold the button down the entire time?

I have an older Shark that's this style. The only upside of this TSV would be not cleaning the roller. The model I have has a better pet attachment that is motorized. And yes this style is a little annoying if you stop to do something. I just lay it down if it won't lean against something. I do still love this vacuum though and I think it's maybe 9 years old and working great.

@pigletsmom 

It's supposed to save battery power?  I'm not constantly removing my hand from the button when I use it. 

There should be an on/off button. All you would have to do is turn it off. That's easier than holding the button down?

Trusted Contributor

I have no clue what your talking about? I watched the presentation 2 x and did not see where she is holding the power button down while she is using it???   she is holding the handle, and presses it to turn it off??? 

Super Contributor

I heard Elizabeth last night say you do NOT hold a button down while it is running.  It is a switch, on/off.  Don't know where that information came from.

Respected Contributor
@bonnie f and @KellKats

I think the button you have to hold down is on the Dyson vacuum and not on todays TSV Shark Vacuum. 🤗🤗🤗
Valued Contributor

i have used this type of Shark, and while it works ok, the issue i have is, it does not stand up by itself unless u lean it against something. it usually slides and falls, marks the wall or scratches something.   

its great if you don't stop vacuuming till you are done, but that does not normally happen. 

i have a reg. Shark upright bagless and i love it. and i feel its more powerful than this stick vac.  

i am sure it has it uses but for me, its a no go.