Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know which Shark product will be the TSV 7/23?

Respected Contributor

The Inside Q says Shark Slim with Duo Clean Upright Vacuum and 6 attachments. 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much!

Contributor

Anyone familiar with this shark recommendations by shark users? Looking at print insider can't find number

Trusted Contributor

I don't think it's that model.  They have a slim upright duo clean on Shark's web site.  It doesn't look like it would clean under furniture very well at all.  If it's the one I'm thinking it is, it would be awkward to use.  You can check the models on Shark's web site.

Contributor

http://www.qvc.com/Shark-DuoClean-Slim-Upright-Vacuum-w6-Cleaning-Tool-Attachment.product.V34810.htm...

Includes Shark NV200 upright vacuum, duster crevice tool, pet multi-tool, pet power brush, 18"L flexi crevice tool, under appliance wand, and multi-angle duster brush

Respected Contributor

I'm disappointed, although my budget is happy. I was hoping for a top-of-the-line with the REAL motorized pet attachment, not the air-driven/turbo attachment (this one's is air driven). That matters because when the machine's suction is partly used just to drive the tool, you get less suction overall. The true motorized attachment on the Shark handheld model is what makes that vac worth the money, IMO.

I was looking forward to a vac with a removable tank that let you clean under beds and furniture with the full power floor nozzle. This isn't it. That's a major failing. That means this is not a whole-house vac.

I was looking forward to a machine with a big dust receptacle. Given the fact that they don't mention capacity anywhere, and it's billed as a  "slim" model, I suspect this one is small. And AFAIC, Oreck set the standard for the lightweight category at 8 pounds, even if their vac wasn't stellar. At nearly double that weight, this might have a "slim" profile, but some who order won't read the specs and won't like that it's not really light.

On the plus side, you can remove the beater bar (roller) to clean it, but I haven't been wowed by what I've read about that "dual" clean. I like the articulated dusting attachment, even if (I think) Dyson thought of it first. Edited to add I read in the Q&A on this model that you can remove the soft roller, but I'm not clear whether the beater bar is removable.

I'll cross my fingers that late fall brings another Shark TSV and with it, my dream downstairs vac. They really need to focus on delivering the best of both canister and upright features in one vac and onboard the attachments better. The roller garage that clips to the upright on the Rocket Powerhead is a good example of how this can be done well.

Sorry to unload. I've been looking forward to this for weeks, and am a bit sad it falls short of what I want.

Contributor

Well our vaccuum is deader then a doornail so ordered it, we have just one level and will post eval on use.

Honored Contributor

No more will I spend big $ on vacumn cleaners! I bought Oreck (4 years ago) dead & $175 to fix - that's heading to garbage, bought dyson on others recommendation - junk (at least mine was) ....

Then I bought a Bissel $59.99 in WM best vacumn ever! I had 2 cats (my long haired passed) but boy I vacumned everyday to battle the cat hairs this vacumn is still going strong!!!

was tempted to buy the Shark navigator but too heavy for me.