Contributor

Shark TSV- is it beltless or not?

The presentation says it does not use a belt but the animations show otherwise - WHICH IS IT??? We have a shark vacuum cleaner now that eats bels and the belts are becoming harder to find, I there is no answer in 24 hours we will cancel and if it supposedly ships and sits there for 4 days we will demand free return shipping based on false advertising

Honored Contributor

Re: Shark TSV- is it beltless or not?

During the presentation, I saw a belt on the left side of the machine and wondered if it would be a hassle to replace.   Otherwise, it seems to be a fine machine and it comes in turquoise! 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I found this stated on Sharks website under the item # for this machine:
All Shark® vacuums come with high-quality, washable filters that can be used and re-used, plus a lifetime belt that never needs replacing. These are designed to last the life of the product and are backed by Shark's leading 7-year warranty offer. This means there are no hidden maintenance costs.

"Lifetime Filters" – The Shark® Powered Lift-Away™ DLX vacuum's filter system will last the life of your vacuum, with minimal maintenance and no replacement costs required. Your filters will discolor over time but will not lose their effectiveness.

"Lifetime Belt" – The Shark® Powered Lift-Away™ DLX vacuum's intelligent electronic system will shut off the power nozzle motor to avoid belt wear if you block the brush roll with a large object such as a sock or carpet edge. Simply turn off the power, unplug the vacuum, remove the obstruction, and then return to vacuuming - with no belt maintenance or replacement costs to worry about! - See more at: http://www.sharkclean.com/products/2/upright-and-canister-vacuums/98/shark-powered-lift-away-dlx/#st...

I hope it comes up with this link. It says it does have A belt but no need to replace because it is for the lifetime of the machine. Hope this helps.
Contributor

@BogeyGirl wrote:
I found this stated on Sharks website under the item # for this machine:
All Shark® vacuums come with high-quality, washable filters that can be used and re-used, plus a lifetime belt that never needs replacing. These are designed to last the life of the product and are backed by Shark's leading 7-year warranty offer. This means there are no hidden maintenance costs.

"Lifetime Filters" – The Shark® Powered Lift-Away™ DLX vacuum's filter system will last the life of your vacuum, with minimal maintenance and no replacement costs required. Your filters will discolor over time but will not lose their effectiveness.

"Lifetime Belt" – The Shark® Powered Lift-Away™ DLX vacuum's intelligent electronic system will shut off the power nozzle motor to avoid belt wear if you block the brush roll with a large object such as a sock or carpet edge. Simply turn off the power, unplug the vacuum, remove the obstruction, and then return to vacuuming - with no belt maintenance or replacement costs to worry about! - See more at: http://www.sharkclean.com/products/2/upright-and-canister-vacuums/98/shark-powered-lift-away-dlx/#st...

I hope it comes up with this link. It says it does have A belt but no need to replace because it is for the lifetime of the machine. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the link - it seems the lifetime belt thing is a new thing as we have a Shark upright a little over a year old - not a lift away -  and it eats belts . Another thing I noticed is the link says the warranty is 7 years but the QVC one says it is 5 years so I wonder if QVC version is a cheaped out version which seems to be the norm here. When we get it we  will give it a thorough workout Smiley Wink

Contributor

You are so welcome FranCNY. I noticed that to about the warranty. I plan to give it a workout as well. I'm actually quite excited to get it.