Occasional Contributor

Anyone know what the Shark TSV is in March?

Super Contributor

I would love to know too! I didn't know there was one coming up.

Respected Contributor

I just got an email from QVC about the Shark 3-19 TSV. Yay! I don't want it!

I think I'll get slapped if I post an item number, but it's a Shark Rocket Complete Duo Clean, which is their new line.  Lightweight, 30' cord, with a True Pet attachment.

Fortunately for me, I bought the Rocket handheld, V34354, which comes with a motorized hand tool like the True Pet (not a turbo brush), which really makes it a great little hand vac. I've used it for tons of little jobs and to augment the V33923, which I bought as a TSV and love. I also have a Navigator. My life will be complete when I get the Lift-Away with lights on the handle, which I hope they offer as a TSV when my budget is healthier.

Be sure you understand what the Duo can and can't do if you buy it. Two major drawbacks to me are that it can't stand upright on its own, so you have to prop it in a corner or against something if you have to run to get the phone. It comes with a hanger, but that's not much help while you're working. The other negative, IMO, is a dust cup so small they don't reveal, anywhere, the size. It looks tiny. If it's as small as my handheld, it'll need dumping very, very often, making this a supplemental vac rather than a primary machine.

I read reviews on the River that suggest that the "duo" function can lead to a lot of static, sort of impairs the vacuum pickup, etc. I personally think that to deal with the whole issue of dusting the floors, they need to embrace the canister concept and develop high-quality floor brushes. Combined with great suction, that would hopefully provide the one-pass solution Shark seems to have been going for here. IMHO.

Super Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I just got an email from QVC about the Shark 3-19 TSV. Yay! I don't want it!

I think I'll get slapped if I post an item number, but it's a Shark Rocket Complete Duo Clean, which is their new line.  Lightweight, 30' cord, with a True Pet attachment.

Fortunately for me, I bought the Rocket handheld, V34354, which comes with a motorized hand tool like the True Pet (not a turbo brush), which really makes it a great little hand vac. I've used it for tons of little jobs and to augment the V33923, which I bought as a TSV and love. I also have a Navigator. My life will be complete when I get the Lift-Away with lights on the handle, which I hope they offer as a TSV when my budget is healthier.

Be sure you understand what the Duo can and can't do if you buy it. Two major drawbacks to me are that it can't stand upright on its own, so you have to prop it in a corner or against something if you have to run to get the phone. It comes with a hanger, but that's not much help while you're working. The other negative, IMO, is a dust cup so small they don't reveal, anywhere, the size. It looks tiny. If it's as small as my handheld, it'll need dumping very, very often, making this a supplemental vac rather than a primary machine.

I read reviews on the River that suggest that the "duo" function can lead to a lot of static, sort of impairs the vacuum pickup, etc. I personally think that to deal with the whole issue of dusting the floors, they need to embrace the canister concept and develop high-quality floor brushes. Combined with great suction, that would hopefully provide the one-pass solution Shark seems to have been going for here. IMHO.

Thank you so much for the information! Do you know the price? The Lift Away is great, you'll love it! I really appreciate lights on vaccums, makes such a difference!

Respected Contributor

@homedecorator wrote:
[snip]

Thank you so much for the information! Do you know the price? The Lift Away is great, you'll love it! I really appreciate lights on vaccums, makes such a difference!

I'm never sure how much info we're allowed to give about upcoming TSVs, but the price is $199.95 with . . . drum roll . . . FREE shipping and handling!

If this model works for you, it looks like a great deal. The five colors are very nice, and four of them are exclusive to the Q until July 23.

Super Contributor

@noodleann thank you so much for the details! Sounds like a good one, not sure about the price!

Respected Contributor

@homedecorator wrote:

@noodleann thank you so much for the details! Sounds like a good one, not sure about the price!

I have to add a postscript. One of the things I love about my Navigator is the fact that it has a HEPA filter, as well as the fact that all the filters are washable (seems to be a feature of Shark machines). Two of my Sharks do not have HEPA filters, and I knew that before I got them, but they're not my main machine. I want it on the main machine.

I have gone through the manual for the TSV, and don't see any mention of HEPA there, or in the description on the website. I must say that the foam filters on my two non-HEPAs seem to do the job and I never have that dusty smell I'd get when I ran my old pre-HEPA vacs, but if HEPA is a requirement for you, I'd check with QVC about it.

Occasional Contributor

I never got an email. I usually do. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I have been looking for a new vac - I even have another thread going on this subject.  This TSV looks exactly like the one I just took back to Walmart for a refund.  I never turned it on so I can't give a review on it's performance.  One look at the top heavy lift off portion and the fact that it can not stand on it's own - must be propped up or laid down was enough for me to say "no way."   This seems like a good price.  I paided $227.90 at Walmart.  It has very good reviews.......just didn't fit my needs.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Super Contributor

I saw the presale looks like a great vacuum, I'm just wondering if the value is any different than I would find in store? The tools look the same as what is offered everywhere.