Valued Contributor

Did Rick really say that you have to send the mattress back if you don't like it? How would you do that.

Honored Contributor

Call CS and they arrange a pick up?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I can imagine how much that would cost. Crazy!

Trusted Contributor

@DJP   My question would be:  If they already hauled away your old mattress and the new mattress doesn't work out.  

I bought a Beautyrest hotel-type mattress set from HSN last year and it was a GREAT purchase. 

They hauled away my old mattress so I was crossing my fingers that my purchase would work out, and it DID!

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@DJP   My question would be:  If they already hauled away your old mattress and the new mattress doesn't work out.  

I bought a Beautyrest hotel-type mattress set from HSN last year and it was a GREAT purchase. 

They hauled away my old mattress so I was crossing my fingers that my purchase would work out, and it DID!

I think you'd have to go out and buy another mattress.  They are not going to save your old one for you.

Esteemed Contributor

You will be responsible for the cost to dispose of the mattress if you do not want it.

At least with the delivery of the Serta, it sounds like they haul away your old mattress. With delivery of the mattresses in a box you have to find a way to dispose of your old one yourself, which can be a problem.

I am happy with my purchase 2 years ago of the NN mattress in a box, but I needed help moving the old one out to my garage and eventually out to the curb for pickup to our once yearly community bulk trash pickup. I kept the old one up against a wall in my BR for a few weeks until I was sure I wanted to keep the new one. Not very convenient but I made it work.

Love my NN hybrid mattress and glad I bought it when I did as it has increased in price over $100.00 since then.

Valued Contributor

I would only buy a mattress in a store so I can lay on it & try it out. Unless, you already know what the online mattress feels like.

Esteemed Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

You will be responsible for the cost to dispose of the mattress if you do not want it.

At least with the delivery of the Serta, it sounds like they haul away your old mattress. With delivery of the mattresses in a box you have to find a way to dispose of your old one yourself, which can be a problem.

I am happy with my purchase 2 years ago of the NN mattress in a box, but I needed help moving the old one out to my garage and eventually out to the curb for pickup to our once yearly community bulk trash pickup. I kept the old one up against a wall in my BR for a few weeks until I was sure I wanted to keep the new one. Not very convenient but I made it work.

Love my NN hybrid mattress and glad I bought it when I did as it has increased in price over $100.00 since then.

I bought a mattress in a box several years ago (not from QVC) and they hauled my old spring matress away for a few dollars. Maybe they don't do that anymore. 

Trusted Contributor

To me matresses are a LONG term investment (or at least you hope they are) that even if I was going to buy one on line, I would definitely not only read any and all reviews I could find, I'd go to a couple of stores, and try some out.  I know they'll tell you "It's great for a side sleeper" or "if you sleep on your back or have back problems this one is your mattress"...uh no.  I need to let my back try it out thank you.  And yes I know I'll get the "why go to the store if you decide to buy it online?"  Because, I might find something I like better.  During my online research I will write down several choices and then check them out in the stores. The last time I got my mattress that's what I did.  I found 3 online I liked with good reviews and then went and tracked them down at the stores.  Found it cheaper locally as opposed to an online sale which was fine.  They hauled my old matress away.  

If the delivery people don't take the old one, I'd just call 1-800 junk or one of those companies.  As far as sending a mattress back, I'd call CS BEFORE I order it to find out the procedure.  Better to be prepared than to have to scramble after the fact.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Serta Mattress

[ Edited ]

I was in dire need of a new mattress. I just didn't want to spend the money so I splurged on a a latex topper and that was the best decision I ever made for sleeping on. I can't believe I didn't buy one long ago. It's so good....nothing like memory foam at all. I'm done with memory foam.