Honored Contributor
On 2/10/2015 lacey1 said:
On 2/10/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

That makes no sense to me. People already own a LOT of things - vacuums, coffee makers, chairs. But your logic, none of those things should be a TSV because, you know, who needs one if you already have one? It doesn't accept the number of young people growing up and moving out or the number of people upgrading or replacing broken items. Sure, more things today are made with materials don't need ironing, but my favorite pair of summer pants is 100% cotton and 90% wrinkles. I also use my iron for crafting.<br /> <br /> The problem with assuming that you are Joe Consumer and representative of everyone else is that you get stuck thinking that everyone else is just like you and can't see how others live. That's a problem that often extends far beyond irons and I see it here on the forums every day.

I didn't say that vacuums and coffee makers should not be a TSV. If someone's vacuum or coffee maker needed replaced-the people that I know would not hesitate to replace them, because they use them. All that I am saying is that among my friends/family, (and that incudes some crafters), we get by without ironing, or using a cheap, inexpensive one.

Don't get so defensive. I didn't call anyone an idiot, or say ironing was 'too difficult', or said that I enjoy looking like a slob.

And I especially didn't quote another famous unhappy poster by saying, 'It makes me so sad that the younger generation doesn't appreciate the lost art of ironing'

I'm not defensive, I'm tired of people who seem to think that their needs and experiences speak for everyone else.

Trusted Contributor

Chynnablue- I specifically stated that I was basing my opinion on the consumer habits of my friends and family. You are being defensive, sorry you're so tired. Maybe get your thyroid checked, and stay off the forums.

Regular Contributor
On 2/10/2015 Krimpette said:

I won't buy that brand (had one once and it was a major disappointment), I just use my cheapie Black & Decker whenever I iron. Sometimes I'll use my Joy Mangano steamer.

I've had the same experience. Bought a TSV about 20 yrs. ago. Used it several time but since I don't do too much ironing, didn't use it again for a short while - too long to return to Q. The next time I tried to use it the water was running out not steaming so I called CS and they couldn't help me. I tried to call the Rowenta factory and found they are in Canada and could get no help. Total waste off money and it likely just needed a new thermostat. I also have a Rowenta steamer that leaves much to be desired, too. I would personally never buy anything from that brand again.

Esteemed Contributor

The only time I iron is when I sew (not too often) or to press an outfit for a special occasion. I have had my iron for years and would not think of replacing it unless it broke. The more TSVs they show that I am NOT interested in, the better in the long run $$ for me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

I have an iron ... a Black & Decker that I paid about $10 for about 20 years ago. Great steam iron.

I iron fairly frequently. I won't wear rumpled or wrinkled clothes.

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/10/2015 Desertdi said:

I bet they don't sell many in Phoenix.........

You got that right, can you imagine ironing when it's 115° outside? I have been married for 37 years and not once in that entire time have I owned an iron. My theory is, if I can wrinkle it in the store it stays in the store.
Honored Contributor
On 2/10/2015 lacey1 said:
On 2/10/2015 janey2 said:

You are so wrong!!!! I iron all the time. I wear a lot of cotton shirts and after one wearing they have to be ironed. My go to fabric in the summer is linen and that must be ironed before wearing. I do not mind ironing. I guess some of us care to look neat and put together.

How am I wrong? I don't iron enough to justify buying a new, expensive iron. That's all I was saying. Obviously, there are people out there that can justify this TSV purchase-I just don't know any of them. Believe it or not: Some of us manage to be presentable, without daily ironing.

QVC isn't only catering to your needs or wants. If you don't need an iron, no one is forcing you to buy this are they?

There are a lot of things presented on QVC that I see no need for. Others do. People spend their money how they see fit.

Respected Contributor

I iron all the time. I can't stand to wear anything that looks rumpled or wrinkled. It also bothers me to see a man in a nice dress suit with a horribly wrinkled, unironed shirt.

So when I use an iron, I want a GREAT one with a strong steam option.

Just yesterday, I ironed my bathroom display towels that hang on racks (just for decor). Smile

Respected Contributor
On 2/10/2015 janey2 said:

You are so wrong!!!! I iron all the time. I wear a lot of cotton shirts and after one wearing they have to be ironed. My go to fabric in the summer is linen and that must be ironed before wearing. I do not mind ironing. I guess some of us care to look neat and put together.

OK, I was with you...until that last (uncalled for) statement. Lots of people iron, and some people even like to iron. I'm not those people. However, I always look neat and put together when I'm out and about! I choose fabrics that don't require ironing. I've tried the linen/cotton route and I refuse to spend time ironing something that is a wrinkled mess by the time I get out of my car at work!

Honored Contributor
For me personally the Mercedes Benz Rowenta iron (bought 2 years ago from Q during fashion week for $89) is one of the best things I bought! It has steam like you can't believe and is great for freshening drapes, jackets, etc as a vertical steamer. Honestly, I iron as I like that crisp crease in shirts, pants, etc. This may not be for everyone BUT I'm tempted to purchase the TSV as I would be lost if it "died"! (I still have my original Rowenta from Q from eons ago -it doesn't have the steam power but in a pinch I could use it!)