Contributor

Seriously! A turkey roast with 2 sides for $100?

I'm sure it's soaked in "flavoring solution" which is basically brine with chemicals added. When it's cooked it probably shrinks down to nothing. Happy Thanksgiving! Anyone who makes it will be ripped off by both the price & also having to spend money to cook another meat to supplement it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Seriously! A turkey roast with 2 sides for $100?

Don't forget to buy the $200.00 cake for dessert.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I don't think that price is really outrageous at all. I tried to find what the turkey is made with but didn't see the ingredients.  I believe she said it came from a local farmer and they don't inject that garbage into their birds.However if it is coming from Martha, I'm sure it is a good quality. And 2 lbs of sides plus the butter---not bad . I know that buying a grocery store turkey breast that size is well over $30 and thats just a store brand--and full of garbage. And for me, not having to cook or bake is a huge plus. Just don't know what the sodium content is---these chefs always over seson with salt, for my taste. I happen to like Martha--when she cooks----I may give it a trry. Can always get my $$ back too.

Frequent Contributor

I said the EXACT same thing when I saw ths at midnight.  

This woman is ripping us all off!  That is if you buy it which I am not.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I looked at the ingredients, etc. and the turkey doesn't say it's brined.  It's turkey with salt and pepper.  Depending on how many people you are feeding, a 4.25-5lb turkey breast would be enough.  It would be for my husband and I and we'd have plenty left.  I would imagine this would feed 4 people, no? 

I'm not buying for several reasons 1 being I don't do Thanksgiving dinner.  We go elsewhere.  But I do think the price is outrageous and I don't like the side choices even if I thought the price was good.  Turkey is not an expensive meat at all and I can buy a 10 pound bag of potatoes for $2.00 on sale at the grocery store.  I would think the mac N cheese would be the most costly because you have to buy 4 different cheeses but I cannot imagine it's that much money.   

I'm not sure why you'd buy this if it wasn't going to be enough food.     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Janis Irene wrote:

I'm sure it's soaked in "flavoring solution" which is basically brine with chemicals added. When it's cooked it probably shrinks down to nothing. Happy Thanksgiving! Anyone who makes it will be ripped off by both the price & also having to spend money to cook another meat to supplement it.

I am sure the entire meal is full of sodium  saturated Fat and chemicals as well.... I noticed Dan Hughs eating it up this morning and I was thinking this is not heart healthy food and shouldn't Dan be more conscious of this since his heart attack a couple of years ago?  Sour Cream and cheese etc....

Honored Contributor

I think if you buy this then you are paying for the name 'Martha Stewart', the brand.

Contributor

Wagirl, don't embarrass yourself by serving that for Thanksgiving. You're being swayed just because Martha Stewart & QVC are pushing it. I really don't know where you live, but I can make an entire turkey dinner---with a huge turkey, lots of sides, & pie for less than $100.  

Honored Contributor

@Janis Irene wrote:

Wagirl, don't embarrass yourself by serving that for Thanksgiving. You're being swayed just because Martha Stewart & QVC are pushing it. I really don't know where you live, but I can make an entire turkey dinner---with a huge turkey, lots of sides, & pie for less than $100.  

This is rude and uncalled for. Everyone is free to spend their money how they see fit not to mention serve what they want for any dinner.