Occasional Contributor

Re: Seriously! A turkey roast with 2 sides for $100?

Thank you, and believe me, we will enjoy it! Hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I would find appealing is a whole MS meal that included additional items like bread, cranberries and a pie. Now if I could  get the whole meal, I'd be on board.

Respected Contributor

Just my hubby and me this year since this is the year our kids go to the in-laws for Thanksgiving.  I plan on getting a small 12-14 pound turkey and prepare a scaled down version of everything I normally fix.  Thanksgiving is our favorite meal of the whole year and we can eat on it thoughout the weekend.  Pretty sure I can do it for less than $100. 

I think this is a great way to go if you are having a small gathering but I do think it is a bit pricey.

Honored Contributor

I don’t think the price per se is outrageous for the food, BUT like others I would prefer/expect a whole turkey, not a white meat breast - and I would expect NOT to have to thaw and cook it. If the object is less work, that’s not it.

For years, we ate out on Thanksgiving and had gorgeous meals; the downside of course is no leftovers, and of all meals during the year, Thanksgiving is “the” meal most people want leftovers from.

Re the sides - if MS didn’t say that they are a recipe of hers, the preparation overseen by her, then they could be any old random frozen food. I didn’t see the presentation (I could/would not watch her, and if she was on with Rick that would be a double no way) so I don’t know what she claimed about the sides.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry---- but the price is crazy!!!!!   I do have to say, I LOL at David tonight.  I just love him.  I don't buy much kitchen stuff,  but I watch just to see him.  I think he is one of QVC's best hosts.

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

Regarding the sides some of them are MS Mother's recipes, and some are her own. I am not interested in this offering, but I can see why it could appeal to some. I usually don't prepare traditional foods like this during the holidays. Mexican food, and BBQ are our preferences for holiday foods. 

Honored Contributor

This price isn't a big deal for me.  Where I live, I'd pay about the same amount to get a similar prepared meal from one of my local markets, and a lot more to eat at a restaurant. 

I ordered, but not for Thanksgiving, when I do cook a whole turkey. I opted for the December 11 ship date.  I can use this for one of my many December meals.  

Regular Contributor

It may be good, but at our house, Thanksgiving is the best meal of the year and all home-cooked. Some recipes are traditional and have been served for decades; others are new and follow the latest trends. I seriously doubt MS will be eating her TSV on the holiday. I will enjoy the reviews, quite curious.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

What I would find appealing is a whole MS meal that included additional items like bread, cranberries and a pie. Now if I could  get the whole meal, I'd be on board.

@AuntG  She did include her cranberry sauce recipie. Smiley Happy