Contributor

Seems like TSV is turning into a 24 hour informercial

[ Edited ]

I usually have my kitchen Tv turned onto QVC or HSN depending on what the deals are for the day! On Saturday it seemed like every time I looked at my TV, QVC was talking about Shark Duo Clean sweeper! It got to the point to where I was looking forward to seeing it if it was on as I passed through my kitchen...I remember in the past it was maybe 10 minutes and on to another item but now it's like 40 minutes to a whole hour of rambling on over and over! To me, this seems like a waste of time and a loss of people buying from them! If I want a product I make up my mind in the first 3-4 minutes and if I'm on the fence the second showing will usually hook me into buying it but you are losing my business if you are only showing one product an hour! Any thoughts?

Respected Contributor

Re: Seems like TSV is turning into a 24 hour informercial

I just wish all the people who want the danged thing would buy them quickly so we don't have to hear all the infomercials and would maybe get a nice one time only. Come on people who clean. Do your part!

Honored Contributor

This has been frequently discussed here.  It's almost like certain companies "buy" QVC for a day.  It chases viewers away as it's boring and monotonous.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can't sell 60,000 units in an hour

Honored Contributor

@tbearski That's EXACTLY what I was saying yesterday about the vacuum cleaner!  Good grief!  What the hay can you say about a vacuum cleaner over and over and.......

One good thing about kitchenaid is we get to see people cooking something different....

With the vacuum cleaner all we get to see is someone cleaning up cat littler and trash....

I said on the vacuum post, I can't imagine having to come up with over and over about a vacuum cleaner!  What can you say about the stupid thing?

I KNOW QVC didn't used to spend that much time on a TSV like they have been doing lately. 

The WORST (maybe equal to the vacuum) is (are you ready)....the beds....OMG all we see is someone laying in the bed over and over and......

Yepper....that's a bed...the poor QVC hosts....they probably moan and groan to their family...."come on people...give me something to say about a vacuum cleaner for 3 freaking hours"!

Respected Contributor

It really is too much. And, obviously I am not the only one that feels this way. How many times must they repeat what they already said. Bad enough in different showings through the day, but constantly just in the one hour alone.

I guess I just do not get the repetitive sales pitch. I think they feel the need to have to repeat and repeat and repeat themselves just to get whatever point they are trying to get across to shoppers. Why?, I have no idea. But, then again I suppose they could all get their job in at least half the time and then what would they do? 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

They could use the extra time to bring us some new and interesting items. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  If you think vacuums and mattresses are dull, how about spending hours talking about one dumb pillow?  You could say everything that needs to be said in 1 minute.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Yes!  Of Course!  (I'm hitting my head right now)!  Forgot about the pillows!  Well you know what @hckynut says we should do....use our remotes...don't forget...now....

Respected Contributor

Totally agree with you. Didn't even turn on QVC yesterday, had no interest in a vacuum. Was interested in the KA convection but after seeing two presentations, changed my mind. I don't think more viewing time actually creates a sale. An since it is new, I will wait until I can read some reviews.