Honored Contributor

Re: Schleppy Berkshire Wearable Blanket

[ Edited ]

Well there we have it the vendor just said "customers requested this cape so much they needed to make it a TSV"

So much for my fashion sense ...lol

I'm dying with laughter:  my sister just called me she said "Doesn't that lady wrapped in that cape remind you when we'd roll ourselves up in our chenille bedspreads as kids!"  Absolutely she had me laughing so bad I was choking ... I swear she's so funny and told me don't buy me one or the bus driver, mailman, UPS driver or anyone you plan to gift.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw both Jen and Alberti say to add a Joan Rivers brooch and head to the Opera. 🤭

Alberti said it was stylish, luxurious fashion.  Just screams "money". 🤭

I was laughing when they said to drive the car while wearing it.

Who would want that big thing on in a car?

Well lo and behold! A woman called in saying she wears it while driving.

I stand corrected. Off to get those opera tickets now 🤣

Honored Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

I saw both Jen and Alberti say to add a Joan Rivers brooch and head to the Opera. 🤭

Alberti said it was stylish, luxurious fashion.  Just screams "money". 🤭

It's a challenging product. They're doing their best to carry on without laughing.  Perhaps they should sell it as church attire - for those cold winter mornings.

Trusted Contributor

They need to just sell it for what it is - a blanket that you wrap up on the sofa with and watch TV. 

Respected Contributor

well, as someone who has been in and out of hospitals for a year, i would like to say that i LIKE it!  especially when you have those horrid IVS going into your arms, and you CANNOT wear anything (like a robe) that has SLEEVES. i can totally see myself cuddling up at home with that watching a movie, a football game, or just reading.  YAY. 

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

Worst piece of garbage I've ever seen!  OP hit the nail on the head!  It's hard to imagine the buyers even considered this.  Says so much about how much the Q has changed.  Pitiful.

Garbage?  Hard to imagine who would consider this? Well, 89,000 people disagree!

Honored Contributor

I really don't see what is so funny about it because it is just something to wear to keep warm.  I don't see a point to making fun of it.  Maybe just my sense of humor.

Respected Contributor

I have something this style I bought years ago and I wear it while reading. There are times you are sitting up and a throw doesn't stay up around your shoulders. Mine is not chenille and I don't wear it out of the house, but it's my favorite cover up when sitting up to read. To all that have made fun of it, 89,000 sold so I think many disagree. P.S. I would never cook in it; and I agree some of their suggestions of where to wear it are stretching it! 

Respected Contributor

OK maybe I was too harsh on the droopy chenille blanket thing...

I guess you COULD wear it while:

Getting ready to go pumpkin patching or apple picking, as you groom your tendrilling nostril hairs, and if there's time,  suck out the pimple glop with that special pimple tool before you go...

Just slip on your $80 dollar Vionic slippers ( with the gumshoe sole you can wear outside!!!! Lke to the mailbox, walking the dog, grocery shopping or....pumpkin patching!!!!) and off you go!!!

Just be sure to remove your gimmicky infrared- hair- growing- baseball cap before you go.

It'd be too much with that wearable blanket, don't you think?

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I hope people who can't put on a cardigan, are sick, have poor heating, or otherwise need comfort like this don't feel bad reading these reviews.  I surely would hope you didin't mean it the way it sounds. 

Wouldn't a very old person, someone with limited mobility or simply someone with not a great housing situation someone who likes to be warm and watch tv be very happy with this?  It would be warmer than a cardigan for sure. 

@Sooner,I agree with you and I think most of us are not disputing that it definitely serves a purpose and is certainly soft, cuddly and cozy in our own homes.  I think we are questioning it as a fashion piece, as the hosts are describing it, and wearing it around town.  I decided against purchasing as gifts because I know the recipients that I had in mind would think I was crazy for thinking they would wear it out and about, though I think they would use it at home. I have purchased nice, cozy things like this for several elderly aunts who were in living facilities and they loved them.  Sadly, those aunts have since passed.