Respected Contributor

Re: Schleppy Berkshire Wearable Blanket

Idea:

Just take any one of the soft comfy droopy throws you already have, a needle and thread and scissors.

Cut a hole the size of your head in the center of the throw.

Sew the edges down neatly so they don't run or look ragged.

Put the thing over your head.

Voila!!!

Droopy, soft, warm, comfy, Wearable Blanket!!!

Use the material from the head hole to fashion pockets if needed.

I am NOT kidding.

It would seem that EVERYONE in the US has millions of throws,  gimmicky cabin socks, lounge pants, sweat shirts, hoodies....and the ever present buttonless droop award winner...the "cardi" ( the most ridiculous piece of wear I've seen to date....and there's a LOt of it out there!!!/...Imagine wearing those cardis while pushing your loaded shopping cart thru the parking lot to your car when they wind is blowing and flakes are in the air....No thank you!!!)

Just use what you have already. 

I think I am done buying anything for a long while. I have WAAAAAYYYYYY too much stuff.

When I see the devastation in Ukraine or Florida, I was thanking goodness this morning as I made coffee and ran the hot water in the kitchen, for what I have and how MUCH I have. That I don't use. It's embarrassing in a way ( to me).

Wake up moment for me.

Now get one your throws, your scissors, your needle and thread.

You can do it!!!

Droopy wearable blanket coming up!!!

Respected Contributor

@Boomernichols 

You owe me a new computer monitor!!!!!

( Spit coffee on mine....!!! Toilet seat cover....OMG That's FUNNEEEEE!!!!!!)

Honored Contributor

A schmattie is more like a housedress.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner - I agree that for some that are elderly, ill or disabled this is a useful item.  I took care of my 96 year old aunt who had dementia and bought something very similar for her from another shopping channel.  She had very limited mobility and couldn't dress herself.  It was easy to drape over her while in the wheelchair and she loved it while sitting on the sofa watching TV.  The longer length kept her back warm and she used the pockets for her tissues.  Putting a cardigan on her would be difficult with her arthritis and would not keep her as warm.  She would say how soft and warm it was, so much so that I bought her a second one.

I definitely would not wear it out, but I don't think it is something to make fun of.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased the Mocha for my niece as one of her Christmas gifts and I know that she will love it. Not to wear in public, but I can see her putting it on being comfy on the couch, taking a nap, and watching the tube. She is 29 years old and this is right up her alley. 

Someone mentioned The Comfy, I will be purchasing another one for my nephew who loves those. My SIL and brother both complain that it's the only thing he wears when he is hanging out in the house and he is 23.

I guess my point is there is something for everyone, and they are selling really well. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A few minutes ago, Carolyn suggested wearing it apple picking.  I giggled at the mental image of someone trying to shimmy up an apple tree wearing all that drapey fabric.  They'd probably hang themselves and end up dangling.....like an apple.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I bought the brown one. I like it.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

A few minutes ago, Carolyn suggested wearing it apple picking.  I giggled at the mental image of someone trying to shimmy up an apple tree wearing all that drapery fabric.  They'd probably hang themselves and end up dangling.....like an apple.

They also mentioned wearing it to the pumpkin patch! LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry, but they carried on like it was cashmere -- it's probably made from scrap pieces they cut from chenille bedspreads.  Although if it was not so cumbersome maybe it would be nice to wear if chilled -- HSN has something like this but a shaw version which looks more appealing to me.

Not something I'd expect for a TSV then again after the TSV with the host sucking dead skin and pimples guess this is a step up😳🤦‍♀️

On another note very late Last night (morning)I thought I'd throw up watching this vendor get excited about doing her nose hairs and showing on camera how well this nose hair trimmer works ...gross...worse than when she microplanes the callouses off her heels🤮🤮🤮🤮

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1  I so agree w/u on the grossness/shock of seeing some vendors/hosts doing demos on how to pluck nose hairs/microplane callouses from feet & I'd always change the channel almost immediately but then after I saw the demos several times I actually bought those darn products, use them regularly as they work so somehow the visuals worked on me.