Super Contributor

Re: Schleppy Berkshire Wearable Blanket

If it screams money, it's saying "Goodbye, money"! 😂

Trusted Contributor

I heard the vendor say she has one in her bedroom, one in the living room and one on her dining room chair! Oh come on now, that seems a bit much!!

Esteemed Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

well, as someone who has been in and out of hospitals for a year, i would like to say that i LIKE it!  especially when you have those horrid IVS going into your arms, and you CANNOT wear anything (like a robe) that has SLEEVES. i can totally see myself cuddling up at home with that watching a movie, a football game, or just reading.  YAY. 

Yes, @fancy pantsy  every reason you stated is what is perfect for. It’s a leap to wear it to the opera. That’s easy for them to say when you are the one wrapped in a throw at the opera, and with a brooch!

Respected Contributor

@speedy girl wrote:

I heard the vendor say she has one in her bedroom, one in the living room and one on her dining room chair! Oh come on now, that seems a bit much!!

Next she'll probably say she has several in the gift closet.

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I really don't see what is so funny about it because it is just something to wear to keep warm.  I don't see a point to making fun of it.  Maybe just my sense of humor.

@Sooner    I think you're overthinking this.  The item has its uses, but the the hosts are trying to make it into something it isn't.  That's where the humor is.  

@september I'm thinking about people that might want or need it, thinking about one for a gift but being made fun of for their choices.  Is it really necessary?  It's a wrap.  Do people have to be belittled?

Respected Contributor

@lavendar wrote:

How does this improve on the Slanket? I am five ft one and would be afraid of tripping on it.

I just heard a hostess say to wear it to the best restaurant in town. Actually where I live you could get away with that.

At only 5'1" I was afraid of the same thing! I would have bought if it wasn't so long on the back.

Honored Contributor

It would be cozy to keep over your shoulders when you are at home. I'd never consider it for wearing out. It desperately needs a button or some way of closing it so that it doesn't stay open all the time. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sweet Kitties   I looked at it and thought it weighed more than I do!  It would definitely "pull me down."  TOO HEAVY!

Spoiler
Smiley LOL
Respected Contributor

@turtle52 wrote:

I was going to start a thread about this. This is the definition of ugly. A new low. I laughed when Leah mentioned wearing it to the theater. The vendor just mentioned wearing it for date night. I hope it's not a first date because it will surely be the last. 

@turtle52 

Haha!!!!  That's good.

Honored Contributor

I see a future Lunchtime Special.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan