Super Contributor

Schleppy Berkshire Wearable Blanket

The definition for Schleppy is: slovenly, dowdy, or run-down; frumpy. I would say that rag meets the definition. Also, don't get anywhere near your gas range or a lit candle. I guess it would work if you're just sitting in your lounger fighting the flu or a head cold, but I'd still rather just put on a cardigan.

Honored Contributor

Re: Schleppy Berkshire Wearable Blanket

I'll pass on the blanket and wear a sweater also!

Snoopy Happy First Day Of October

Honored Contributor

I don't know why one would want it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have enough cozy stuff and I get too hot after so long wearing stuff.

Pass for me too.

Valued Contributor

This item is so bad it's almost laughable. Leah was on air saying you could wear the black one to go to the theater! UGH Looks like an old chennile bedspread. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Kitties wrote:

The definition for Schleppy is: slovenly, dowdy, or run-down; frumpy. I would say that rag meets the definition. Also, don't get anywhere near your gas range or a lit candle. I guess it would work if you're just sitting in your lounger fighting the flu or a head cold, but I'd still rather just put on a cardigan.

Too funny!!   I'm watching Leah right now talk about what a "fashion" piece it is!  LOL!

Now I could see having it draped over a chair or couch to use on those chilly winter nights when you want to get cozy while watching TV.

I would never wear it out in public!

Regular Contributor

I work from home and this would be ideal for me to keep the chill off while sitting at my desk and can quickly be removed whenever I have a hot flash unlike my cardigans. And I could And I like that it has pockets for a cellphone, tv remote, or a tissue. But I think the front needed to have been made at least 6-10 inches longer because it keeps falling down whenever Leah tries to keep one side flipped over her shoulder like a wrap. But a better price would have been $29 with free shipping. I know that things are more expensive nowadays but I’m sure they’d sell twice as many at a lower price or at least scratch that $5.50 S&H fee, yikes! And for the reasons I mentioned, I’ll have to pass.
Honored Contributor

It reminds me of the old Slankets and Snuggies.  Remember the commercials?  They would wear them outside, even to football games.

Trusted Contributor

I am happy to see this thread!  You created this thread at exactly the same moment I was posting on an old thread about the previous version of this cape.  I did not see a current thread.

You said in a humorous way what I was asking: I was wondering if people would actually wear this out and about as a cape.  Don't get me wrong.  Hanging around the house, I imagine it would be cozy.  However, perhaps due to the sherpa cable, I fear it would look  like you were walking around in a blanket, should you choose to wear it out of the house.

I am also wondering about shedding, as sherpa is prone to do. 

If I were to get this, it would be for gifts and, honestly, I think I might get a quizzical look from the recipients--you're giving me a blanket to wear?!  Woman LOL  I think they would appreciate it around the house in the cold months, but that is it.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Gloria

P.S.  Just watching Leah showing how they are wrapped up and tied up for gifting.  The person receiving it will think it is a throw and not a cape. Also, the guest just came on and it looks like so much throw/cape!!

Trusted Contributor

I was going to start a thread about this. This is the definition of ugly. A new low. I laughed when Leah mentioned wearing it to the theater. The vendor just mentioned wearing it for date night. I hope it's not a first date because it will surely be the last.