Respected Contributor

H220579  I am watching a presentation and it is impressive. Sure to see some this year but I am downsizing so will be passing.

Valued Contributor

Re: Santa’s Best pixel tree

Just a bit too expensive for my decorating budget. They are really nice, though. 

Honored Contributor

@travelerMe, too.  I just walked past the remote and switched on the TV and tuned into QVC.  That tree would be perfect for me IF I weren't already overwhelmed by having to choose what I can keep as I contemplate moving.  The move is a year away, but I'm already feeling the pressure to winnow possessions and stop buying new ones.  So difficult!

But ...  I'll look for this tree or a similar one this time next year!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is that the TSV you are talking about?  If so, it is way too expensive.  When I saw the price of over $300 I couldn't believe it. I can't afford to spend that much on one piece of holiday decoration.

Honored Contributor

I don't even care for it.  All that color changing would drive me crazy(ier)!  

Contributor

We’re the neighborhood Griswolds, and I LOVE decorating my yard with lights.  But there is no way I could justify spending $250-$400 on one decoration.  

Respected Contributor

Too expensive for me but I wouldn't buy it anyway.  I had a Santa's Best Christmas tree and it lasted one year. 

Honored Contributor

I usually string white lights on a garden pyramid and place it in a large planter.  It's only 3' to 4' tall and doesn't have the special commercial effects of the TSV but I like it.  And it didn't cost $400.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

It's too much glitz, glitter, and money.  I hang a wreath on the door, put lights in all the windows, and evergreen swags in all the street facing windows with matching bows that match the wreath.  I turn on the front porch lights and that is as crazy as I get.  All those blinking lights are not my style and would drive me nuts.  I think I heard David say they had sold 4,000 today.  

Respected Contributor

I cannot justify that price for an item that is out for 2 months tops. The item appears targetted at those households that are well off and "compete" with neighbors on who has the most grand displays.  David himself mentioned " outdoing your neighbors !!!!