Respected Contributor

SNEAK PEEK at TSV CREATED SELL OUT FOR THE ACTUAL PRESENTATION

So the ARCTIC COAT was featured in advance of the actual midnight presentation, and they allowed all of the SMALL IVY coats to be sold out during the sneak peek.  I, like many, wanted to wait to see the actual SCHEDULED TSV show to check the size and color.  When I tuned it at midnight of the showing the IVY SMALL had already been sold out and was on waitlist, along with other sizes.   I see this is the latest tactic to sell as many of an item as possible....  sneak peeks and preorders.   I'm okay with that,  but I think that a quantity of every size and color should be kept for the actual date the TSV is scheduled for,  at least for the initial midnight showing. 

Honored Contributor

Re: SNEAK PEEK at TSV CREATED SELL OUT FOR THE ACTUAL PRESENTATION

I agree.  

And again, this is something else they used to do back when we still had the Insider magazine and only email sneak peeks.

Super Contributor

IMO, that says to me that they are having troubles. Just like the 4.00 per month easy pay. That's another sign they are trying to get EVERYONE to buy. Desperate.

Respected Contributor

They presented the coat several times and the video was available on the website. I didn’t feel the need to wait until the Friday midnight presentation. That TSV’s are no longer one day affairs doesn’t wreak of despair to me. It says QVC is aware it’s consumers are shopping in a different way and they are adapting.
Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
They presented the coat several times and the video was available on the website. I didn’t feel the need to wait until the Friday midnight presentation. That TSV’s are no longer one day affairs doesn’t wreak of despair to me. It says QVC is aware it’s consumers are shopping in a different way and they are adapting.

Once the video was available on the website,  the color and size I wanted was already sold out.

Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:

@RollTide2008 

While I agree that QVC needs to get with the program and stay relevant to how people shop nowadays (which is a whole topic by itself😉), I think that their main focus is still television.  I'm continually surprised when I do watch at how many people still shop strictly from the televised shows.  I don't think it's right to have any sizes sold out before the first presentation on air.  Save at least a few of each size and color for the initial presentation.

Esteemed Contributor

Too bad you're not my size b/c my ivy is going back. 

Valued Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Too bad you're not my size b/c my ivy is going back. 

Yep, mine too....except I bought the blackberry color in an XL...the ONLY good thing was the size fit, but that was the extent of anything good regarding this coat LOL it's in transit to the Q right now. To the OP, I am sorry you didn't get the color/size you wanted, I agree w/the fact that they should at least have availability on ALL sizes/colors in the debut. JMO

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

@BrandiDavis OMG - it's just too much coat - I wasn't wearing the coat.....my body was just more stuffing inside  ............and heavy.  Having to do errands - in and out of car, carrying groceries - dashing around.................warmth of .coat more for icy mountain climbing than Wegmans! 

Valued Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@BrandiDavis OMG - it's just too much coat - I wasn't wearing the coat.....my body was just more stuffing inside  ............and heavy.  Having to do errands - in and out of car, carrying groceries - dashing around.................warmth of .coat more for icy mountain climbing than Wegmans! 

@fthunt  Yes, it was absolutely too much coat! It was just bulky/heavy/stiff---not comfortable for me at all. Now, I've seen some others post on the forums here that they like theirs, but I just don't see how lol...I guess if they're comfortable then so be it, but I see a ton of returns for the Q on this one! (as I said mine is en route back to the Q now) I could be wrong, for the Q's sake I hope I am, but I guess time will tell! 

~ Hope in TN ~