Contributor

Hi!  Does anyone have any idea what the Skechers TSV will be on June 18th?  Thanks!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Hey @Bullyeye - I was at TJ Maxx yesterday and they had a ton of Sketchers.  They have been carrying them for the past couple of years there.  If you have a TJM nearby, you should check it out.  Great prices too - I think around $39.

Contributor

Thanks...I will check them out!!

Honored Contributor

Re: SKECHERS TSV on 6/18

[ Edited ]

Q showed a preview of the shoe this morning. I think it's a bungee lace mesh sneaker. Sorry, I don't have a picture.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Q showed a preview of the shoe this morning. I think it's a bungee lace mesh sneaker. Sorry, I don't have a picture.

That's what it shows in the Insider. Very comfy looking, but I was wondering whether those bungee laces are purely decorative, or whether you could tighten them. I've never had laces like this before, and I need to snug up my shoes.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

That's what it shows in the Insider. Very comfy looking, but I was wondering whether those bungee laces are purely decorative, or whether you could tighten them. I've never had laces like this before, and I need to snug up my shoes.

@noodleann, I believe that they are only decorative and cannot be tightened. I also have to be able to tie my laces, so I don't buy either bungee or slip-on. I do have two of Skechers' boat shoes with ties and love them. While not super supportive and I wouldn't use them for exercise walking, they are slipper-ish comfortable for everything else.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have cut off the bungee laces on some of my sneaks and replaced them with regular shoelaces so I can make them tight on my foot.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great idea (using your own laces).   Btw, vendor Lauren is an excellent Skechers rep.  Easy to listen (to).  Calm, cool, and collected', as the saying goes. ......... Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@noodleann, I believe that they are only decorative and cannot be tightened. I also have to be able to tie my laces, so I don't buy either bungee or slip-on. I do have two of Skechers' boat shoes with ties and love them. While not super supportive and I wouldn't use them for exercise walking, they are slipper-ish comfortable for everything else.

Thanks for clarifying that, it was what I suspected. I live in Skechers inside, but when going out, always wear SAS because of the support. They're ugly, but my feet are happy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes I'm just totally mystified by Q's choice of TSV.   Here we are in the beginning days a what promises to be a long hot summer.  Everyone is thinking sandals, slides, and wedge heels.  So what do they choose for a TSV?  A hot-looking enclosed shoe in basic fall colors.  Who's in the mood for that?   I broke a sweat just looking at it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment