Respected Contributor

Re: SHAMELESS claims made about PERRICONE

I bought the recent TSV for Dr Denese and have to say it just works with my skin very well. The serum is great as I can use just that before bedtime and wakeup with refreshed great looking skin. I also use the other pieces that came with the tsv which is the face emulsion and eye emulsion. I also bought her new foundation which she described as skincare that is tinted and I like that. I got the med and can wear it on bare skin which I can't do with anyone else's line....I do use the eye emulsion though...need that moisture under my eyes and in the corners.  

Respected Contributor

I think people are objecting to ridiculous hyperbole that exceeds the usual claim inflation of sales and gooses misrepresentation. I'm thinking of the claims, made orally and in print by both QVC and IT's reps, that the Illumination CC does not have "sparkle." It certainly does, and to say it doesn't has gulled many people into buying an unsuitable product--me being one of them.

I don't know about Perricone, but I do know one thing: Cell turnover takes approx. 21 days. You should not have to give any product 6 weeks to show results, especially when the return period is 30 days. If you haven't seen results in 3 weeks, you probably won't. Return it, and if it didn't live up to the claims made for it during the presentation, in the listing copy, and/or the "Insider," demand that they make you completely whole by refunding shipping both ways.

If we all hit the people making false claims in the only place they care about--their bottom line--we might have some effect on the malarkey churn.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't deny that the Perricone products and other similar products work temporarily and do improve the look of the skin. That being said, if you stop using them you will be back to square 1 in no time. Of course we all know gravity is not our friend and no cream or serum will change that.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The cosmetic presentations everywhere are all about exaggeration and unabashed lying.  There must be huge profits for the sellers of this stuff.  Every other week a new line arrives on some channel and an unsuccessful one slinks away.  As soon as a woman achieves semi-celebrity status, someone slaps her name on a jar of goo and claims they've found the fountain of youth. 

If this stuff is so wonderful, why do women (and men) spend thousands on cosmetic surgery?  All they really need is one of the all-too-frequent TSVs.  Why do none of the presenters look young?  Why does someone like Dr. Denese have cosmetic surgery? 

Shoekitty said

To answer my opinion on your questions in your last paragraph.  Skin care and cosmetic surgery are two different things.  Skin care can reduce acne, pore size, fine lines and tighten the skin a bit. Cosmetic surgery is something different.  They remove excess skin and tighten the muscle under the skin.

as someone who has had a mini lift 14 years ago, it does not make you skin better.  If you have deep lines the deep lines smooth out a little, and are in a different place on your face.  Lol

perricone works for me.  Smooths my skin, makes the jaw line a slight bit tighter, smoothes my eye lids and reduces the appearance of deeper lines.  It can plump up the fine lines, and they can disappear to the naked eye.

skin care products are just like body lotion, and hand cream, they need to be reapplied to get results.  I notice a difference after I dont use my products for 3 weeks

Trusted Contributor

Everything is temporary, gals. Gravity, she's forever! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Maybe they assume we should know that.    It would be the same for a diet, or exercise.   The results are temporary, unless you keep doing it.    I don't disagree with you, just making a comment on maybe why they don't stress it's temporary.

I wish I had 1/10 $$$ of what QVC sells on beauty products.  I'd be a multi millionaire.

@truffle wrote:

They should say that results are temporary.  That explains to everyone that if it works for you then you must keep using it or your skin will get flaccid once again. I use Dr Denese and have tried a lot of other things too and what shoekitty has said is true...some products have a tightening affect but you have to keep using them because it's not like a facelift. 

Occasional Contributor

Dana is there for her ability to sell the product, and she knows precisely how far she can legally go in her sales pitch.  People buy into her enthusiasm and "passion" for the product, but she is there to convince you to buy.   

Honored Contributor

I generally turn her off as soon as she comes on, but have to agree with those who say she always looks greasy.

Respected Contributor

@MarenSeattle wrote:

I'm with you, shoekitty!   Perricone, for example, has rave reviews here, on Sephora, on Nordstrom, on Neiman, etc., are we to believe all those people are idiots who just fell for the hype and don't look in the mirror?  What works for one person may not work for another, but if there's a chance I might be pleased with the results I'll give it a try.  The worst that can happen is I don't respond to it.  I'll survive.  :-)

When I see the posts screaming "DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY -- GARBAGE!" that irritates me, too.  How dare someone presume to tell me how to spend my money and again, what about all the other people who might really be happy with the product?  If it doesn't work for them, say so, or give an "in my opinion" disclaimer, but don't issue an edict condemning a product when clearly others aren't in agreement.  

Finally (!) people who tell you a product is not worth the money, don't believe the hype, plenty of other identical offerings out there with lower costs, but haven't even tried it!  My Tatcha cleanser comes to mind.  I LOVE it.  Yes there are other, less costly cleansers that will take off the makeup, but none I've found that feels as good and rinses as well as Tatcha.  The hubris to claim to know a product is nothing special yet don't have first hand experience.  

I was so happy to see your post and wanted to jump in and link arms, sister!  I ordered this TSV and although I've been kind of meh about other Perricone produts I've tried, haven't tried these particular ones, so looking forward to it.  Happy you've found results!

@MarenSeattle @shoekitty

Delighted to read your thoughtful responses (even though it's so tempting to just ignore people trashing products they do not use).

I'm a scientist and VERY careful about claims, reviews (on multiple blogs and sites), ingredients, and, finally, carefully observations about my own experience with a product. Sometimes I've even used a product on one-side only for a month (always proves the effectiveness on Perricone!).

Honored Contributor

Several years ago I read an article published by some big hospital (cant remember which one), I might guess John Hopkins, but anyway, at that time none of the skin products was regulated by any goverment departments.  They can put used motor oil in them and get away with it.  Its iffy whats in them, and they do not prevent skin aging!  All the "beauty" products especially antiwrinkle creams are all fake.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)