Respected Contributor

SHAMELESS claims made about PERRICONE

Sorry, the model looks moisturized only. You cannot lift, firm or tighten skin with a topical product. QVC allows  false claims about many of it's beauty products, Shameless.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHAMELESS claims made about PERRICONE

The cosmetic presentations everywhere are all about exaggeration and unabashed lying.  There must be huge profits for the sellers of this stuff.  Every other week a new line arrives on some channel and an unsuccessful one slinks away.  As soon as a woman achieves semi-celebrity status, someone slaps her name on a jar of goo and claims they've found the fountain of youth. 

If this stuff is so wonderful, why do women (and men) spend thousands on cosmetic surgery?  All they really need is one of the all-too-frequent TSVs.  Why do none of the presenters look young?  Why does someone like Dr. Denese have cosmetic surgery? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Although I have used Dr. P products for a long time and do like them......I can't defend the 'act' we see on these presentations.  I also can not sit through the over the top statements.  Couple decades ago there was a product (On Q) called ...Bee Alive.  Eventually a group of people and/or the government caught up with the woman and there was a class action filed against the company.  I received a few bucks from the settlement cuz I had purchased one or two items from the line.  I think Dr. P's company should tread lightly.  (just saying)

Honored Contributor

@fthunt  Unfortunately exaggerated claims seem to be perfectly acceptable.  Today's has been an unbearable overload of them, hour after hour.  Who is so desperate they listen to all of this stuff?  It's not just QVC, all the shopping channels do it.  It has gotten to the point where over-priced cosmetic are in danger of dominating the TV shopping industry. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

One thing I noticed right off, the woman selling the magical creams looks like she's been under the knife, and had most of her face tightened up.  What hasn't been under the knife, looks like it's been Botoxed to the max.

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Sorry, the model looks moisturized only. You cannot lift, firm or tighten skin with a topical product. QVC allows  false claims about many of it's beauty products, Shameless.

I rarely watch cosmetic shows, but was curious today to see what the claims were.

I agree that they looked moisturied - both the model and the vendor. Both looked as though they had heavy cream on their faces and looked greasy. Also I didn't think the before and after shots showed anything amazing. I might have ordered if there had anything I could believe, but . .. ..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Selling a dream.... a cream cannot defy gravity.  Sleep, diet, exercise, stress management does not cost $200, but takes consistent work.

Respected Contributor

Another thing I don't get is they keep showing and applying to the same models.  Why does it make a huge difference after the application, but yet in the next show hours later that same model is back to her original before application look.  What happened???

Regular Contributor

Dana has used this same model for at least 2 years. Don't you think the model would want to use the products  in her own beauty routine.? If the products do produce the claims being spoken why wouldn't she?  

Honored Contributor

I don't particularly care one way or the other about the claims they make for the products.  We can all try them and return, if we think they're having no effect.

What always gets me is the way they tell us how much we're "saving".  Saying that the TSV would be nearly $900, if we purchased it separately, is ridiculous.  Who in her right mind would pay that much for three products?

Even if I had money to burn, I wouldn't do that.  And $200 is too much in my opinion.  Don't most of their demographic have everyday bills to pay?  No way could I justify that.  But that's just my own opinion and I know others probably think it's a bargain.