Trusted Contributor

Re: SG TSV within next week?

I also ordered the tweed, I can see it being good for travel on the plan.  Especially as a pear shaped lady, I like the coverage over the hippage (new word for lady's with full hips)

Hippage

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Valued Contributor

Mary looked fabulous in the floral one this morning.

Frequent Contributor

I like the style of it, however...

The paisley is too dark and I don't like the bright top with it
I have a ton of animal print (although I do like it)
I like the tweed but hate that the seams don't match and that would drive me crazy

Don't care for the floral

I'm not a fan of green

so I'll be passing.

Respected Contributor

Not into the current trend of open front jackets, sweaters, dusters etc. Pat looks nice in the animal print one.
Respected Contributor

At first glance, my first thought was that it was a big no, but after looking closely at and watching the video, I kind of like it and think I could wear it. Does this happen to anyone else? Am I going crazy? How can it go from fashion faux pas to fab in under a minute? Someone talk me out of this!Smiley LOL

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB 

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I also ordered the tweed, I can see it being good for travel on the plan.  Especially as a pear shaped lady, I like the coverage over the hippage (new word for lady's with full hips)

Hippage

Same for me (I also have "hippage"...lots of it!) ! I like the pattern and the length. If it fits properly, it'll be perfect for work & church with nice black pants. I have other things I can wear under the cardigan, too, if I want to change it up.

Honored Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

@willdob3 

No, not liquid knit, different, The outside is textured and  the inside is slinky.

Stretchy fabric, you can stretch it and see the solid color that is the inside color.  Never had anything like this, I do like the fabric - not lightweight but not heavy, kind of bouncy.

Does this helps some?

Obviously I would not make a good host now would I? ..... hahaha.

If you get it, I do hope you like it. 🙂

@CAMOGIRL 

Thanks. I decided not to get it. I heard Susan describing the fabric & it sounds similar to a Slinky fabric on an outfit I got a while back. I think this is heavier than what I want for a duster & Susan even called it a jacket, something I don’t want. I would be more interested in one the weight of her liquid knit.

Valued Contributor

Susan Graver’s TSV this week included both petite and regular options. I am petite, and dusters usually overwhelm me because they are too long. I pre-ordered Susan’s TSV and received it today. It is absolutely beautiful (in the tweed), and the length is perfect. Even the sleeves aren’t too long. An A+ for Susan’s TSV! 

Respected Contributor

My issue with dusters or long cardigans is what do you do in the winter when they stick out of your coat, unless of course it is a knee length coat which I hardly ever wear.  I bought a long cardigan once and never wore it out of the house because it looked bad sticking out of my jacket!!

Respected Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

My issue with dusters or long cardigans is what do you do in the winter when they stick out of your coat, unless of course it is a knee length coat which I hardly ever wear.  I bought a long cardigan once and never wore it out of the house because it looked bad sticking out of my jacket!!

@Catch71  I have a couple of longer cardigans, and just got this duster...I tend to just not wear them on days when I have to wear a coat. In South Carolina, our winters usually have frequent milder days, though, plus I don't really have to walk any distance between my car and my office or church.