Honored Contributor

Re: SG TSV - sizes running larger than usual?

@Goldengate8361@cef001@kaydee50@elated@Carmie

Gabriella ( the host this morning) looks fabulous in the white TSV -- partially tucked and flowing.

This type of shirt usually is too tight in the bust on me or the shoulders slope off if not.

On this style, the click here measurements show. Size 6 at a 45" bust. It appears to be made to accommodate the problem.

I like mine tied any the waist, fitted at the shoulder seam and buttoned at the cuff.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I wish they would just stick with the S,M,L sizing.  Most of us know how to order that way.  Since the numerical sizing is nothing like it is in the stores, why bother?  I would have been all over the white if I knew which size to choose.

Super Contributor

The measurements on this shirt were weird.  I think if I got it to fit in the bust, the shoulders would have been too narrow.

This is why I hesitate to order clothes from Q.

Carolyn needed to size up.  It was pulling across her stomach and her rear.  It didn't fit!

Respected Contributor

I almost always wear a M and I ordered the 10.  I am 5'5 and 146 lbs.  Rather pear shaped so hope this is not tight in hips.  SO TIRED of paying to send things back but I never learn...but I learned  with shoes after paying $16 to "try on" a pair of Halston boots.  NEVER again!  Norstrom and Zappos are free shipping!

Trusted Contributor

I bought 2 of these shirts early thru the Insider. They were delivered yesterday. I was super excited to get them thinking they would be great to wear for work. The sizing is way off! Both are super small!! I usually easily wear her 1X in her tops. I bought a 20 thinking I would be drowning in it due to it says its generously fit. The blue one was super tight all over - bust, stomach, arms. The black one was a bit looser in those areas but still too tight. Both were same size but the cut was definitely different between the 2 colors. Both are being returned. I wasn't that impressed with the feel of this new fabric either so it's not worth me returning it to try a bigger size to see if it works.

Honored Contributor

If QVC has basically one size chart that almost everyone follows who brings clothes here, why are some items numeric in sizing and other items in letter sizing?  I don't get this.  Just throwing this out there.

Now as for this shirt, I'd buy size 4 or 6 in this one.  I have many of her big shirts in various fabrics and always size down, xs or size 4 or 6, works for me - and 95% of the time I have a long sleeve tee shirt underneath, or a tank depending on the weather (and now a turtleneck). 

Esteemed Contributor

Update: I just changed my original order from a 6 to 8, my usual SG size for "numbered" tops. I read that Pat James Demetri was wearing an 8 and I'm just about the same size and body type as her--although I'm shorter than her. Wish me luck! I wish everyone luck with fit when they arrive at our doorsteps. Like I said earlier, it's a gamble. 

Frequent Contributor

I ordered this in white.  I often want to wear a white top but most of mine have to be ironed then I end up wearing something else.  Also this one seems like you don't have to wear a cami underneath as they showed it up close and neutral bras won'show.  The ones I have a cami is needed.  Like that it has stretch too.

As for sizing they said it is a regular fit in the shoulders then the rest is oversized. I am a medium and ordered a size 12.  I think I may also order a 10 and compare the fits.  I may like the way each fits and keep both.  I could use both I am sure.  As for returns, I always send back through USPS. As they are usually noticeably cheaper, especially when the item is light weight as these will be.  At the post office I ask what the shipping will be first before I decide which way to go.

Respected Contributor

I have an SG Peachskin big shirt that I love.  Got it in a 10 and could possibly have gone to an 8.  I wear it both closed and open (like a jacket) over a tank.

The measurements on this look bigger -- not only the chest but the waist also looks big.   I'm not overly busty so I don't expect it to gap in front.  I'm debating on a 6 or 8.  Or I might order one in each and put on check status and wait to see reviews and find out how it actually runs. 

Looks to be wide open in nearly every size so this clearly didn't sell well.  And I do wish she had offered it in petite -- am a little concerned that this might just be a little too overwhelming for someone 5'2" but if it's close to the other one, it should be ok.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a similar SG blouse before Christmas (in fact, I wore it Christmas Eve), and that one was sized S,M,L.  The shirts are so similar, I would have thought the TSV would have been sized the same way.  The one I ordered had zippers on the chest pockets, and straight sleeves.  But the neckline and general look were the same.