Frequent Contributor

Re: SG TSV - sizes running larger than usual?

[ Edited ]

I like that they run a graphic showing the sizes, but a size 10 has a chest size of 46"!  I guess I will pass on this one, I am short and it would be too long.  I'd really like a few of this type shirt, maybe someday!

BTW, HSN had Wendy Williams button front shirts some time back.  They are lovely shirts, fit well and I can wear a large (165# 5'-3").

I wish SG would be consistent in her sizing, one doesn't know what to order.

Respected Contributor

Even though the chest size according to the size chart is running large, I'd be worried about going down too many sizes.  For example the sleeve hole circumference at the shoulder gets smaller as you go down and might be uncomfortable if too small. Just my thoughts. 

Regular Contributor

I definitely think the sizing is due to the pleating on the back.  I say get your regular size.  unless you're very busty.  The bustier/larger models seem to have some pulling on their shirts at the bust and they were wearing their regular size.  Jess the 1x model was wearing the 18 and it looked like she couldnt even button it up even if she wanted too.! (she had a tank under it). the size 2 models and even Susan (wearing her usual 4 ) had a good fit. 

Trusted Contributor

This shirt is made to flare out at the bottom.  Susan seems to have issues with making a top that actually fits a woman that isn't broad across the beam.  This shirt will also not flatter a petite woman, it would just look sloppy.  The petite models I've seen so far wearing it, are not what I would call a true petite.  My thought is that all that extra fabric on a button front blouse would just look sloppy on anyone,

Respected Contributor

feel free to disagree with me, but I don't like the numbered sizes.  had this tsv been in xs,s,m,l,xl,1x,2x,3x, I would have ordered at least one.  I find those sizes to be more forgiving, and I don't like returning.

This is a pass for me too.Smiley Sad

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

During Susan's show this morning she said you should order true to size so it fits your shoulders. It is supposed to be a relaxed fit. I also think the measurements seem huge. I am still debating because I am a small or medium on top depending on the cut. If I order I will definitely order down to a size 4. 

Honored Contributor

This blouse seems to have a lot of material in the back and less in the front.  On the bustier models it is gaping at the bust line, but has plenty of room in the back.

i think the bust measurement is off.  It's giving the circumference of the blouse, not the bust measurement of the person. It seems large because the back of the blouse is generous.

it it looks like it's running true to size according to the size the models are wearing.  The petite model was almost 5'5" that's  average, not petite.  It looks like it would not fit a true petite person.

Esteemed Contributor

I think if you want to take a chance of buying and paying the return charges throw a dart and pick your size. The blouse looked tight on Leah and I don't think it is flattering. If you are tall and thin this might flatter you. I find that her clothing is not stylish and overpriced. I quit buying her line about 6 years ago.

Honored Contributor

@Waterwoman wrote:

I like that they run a graphic showing the sizes, but a size 10 has a chest size of 46"!  I guess I will pass on this one, I am short and it would be too long.  I'd really like a few of this type shirt, maybe someday!

BTW, HSN had Wendy Willimas button front shirts some time back.  They are lovely shirts, fit well and I can wear a large (165# 5'-3").

I wish SG would be consistent in her sizing, one doesn't know what to order.

I also orded a WW button down shirt in my usual size.  Very satisfied with fit and material and nowhere near $40.  IMO SG is way overpriced for a simple blouse.

Super Contributor

The only person I saw so far that looked good in this blouse buttoned up was the model Katia. Susan Graver sizing does not allow enough room in the bust area and then if you size up for that issue it will be big everwhere else. I find the best look for this blouse if you are not built up and down like Katia is to leave it open and use it as a shirt jacket. Carolyn Gracie should have left it opened. She is very thick in the middle.