Honored Contributor

I just happened to catch a couple minutes of the presentation this morning. SG responded to the "petite" issue by saying that you can get it hemmed or wear a belt that would help shorten it.

I'm not in the market for apparel and because of my scrawny body I really have to buy in person, but I think her comment is not satisfactory.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

That is a sad connotation on her honesty. Why would you buy a dress that you need to hem or add a belt with this price? Why just not do the dress in petites? It just shows they will do anything to sell this dress.

When H by Halston did his TSV he had both regular and petites. If anything I would have bought his dress. It had style and you could dress it up with jewelry and jackets. It was a classic style not gaudy prints.

Regular Contributor

Why not in petite length?  I'm 5'1" tall and having to pay for alterations doesn't make the dress a deal.   I'm disappointed.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3

It shows her ignorance.  As a "designer" she should realize it's the entire garment's proportions that  must be adjusted for tall or petite fits.  IMO she's just 'into herself' waaay too much!

Esteemed Contributor

@elated

SG apparently takes no pride in her work - IMO her pride is what she can 'bank', not the pride of a true designer.

Respected Contributor

I like the dress (the black and the navy), but did anyone else think the hardware looks like the Chanel logo? 

I feel like I should order it since I don't have a black dress, but I probably won't,

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I like the dress (the black and the navy), but did anyone else think the hardware looks like the Chanel logo? 

I feel like I should order it since I don't have a black dress, but I probably won't,

I think SG had said in one of the morning presentations that her daughter had mentioned the similarity to the Chanel logo.

Anyone else hear that?

Valued Contributor

I was interested in the black abstract but every show I watched/DVR'd didn't have it shown on a model.  It's Easter so I didn't have all day to sit and watch so I didn't buy.

I wasn't sure if I needed a dress right now but would have ordered if there were more solids and not so many prints.

Valued Contributor

Definitely disappointed SG didn't offer this TSV in Petite.  Didn't like her explanation I heard this morning about getting it hemmed.  The majority of people no longer sew, so this process would involve additional cost.  Reg and Petite in a TSV is just a must-do as far as I'm concerned.

Contributor

Was SO disappointed that this wasn't in petite sizes!!!!!! I will not buy regular sizes in a dress & belt it like Susan suggested.