Super Contributor

I live in VT and I am cold blooded - I need a warm jacket - Does anyone live in a cold state that has this jacket?

Is it a warm jacket?

I like that it has a vest separately and is a 4 in one  - plus the price is right Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

The jacket is just ok as far as I'm concerned, I already bought my winter coat from Halston and love it. I'll be watching Evine today, too much SG  IMO today.

Esteemed Contributor

@Msmajell

Set the alarm - accidentally! for 4:30 (duh!).  So turned on the other Q channel and they showed the tsv.  The host stated she sized up 'cause she had on a bulky sweater.  Then proceeded to ask models their sizes - all, of course, wore xs except the bigger girl said she was wearing a L.  Frankly, they all seemed really fitted on them and the host's bulky was not what I would consider a bulky sweater.  To me it seemed like LR when she squeezed into a jacket - not my style in a winter coat, I need room!  Was listening to the 3-hr show and would watch whenever they gave a presentation:  just said not to size up, yet neither Pat nor Susan mentioned what size they were wearing; just ranted endlessly about nothing!!!  Well, only have one SG coat, lightweight, and it's a small.  So originally ordered a M; however, after watching, decided to cancel the M and go for a L.  A couple reviews stressed it was snug, particularly in the bust.  I've exercised most of my life and, though only 36bust, have larger back/shoulders.  So, think the L will allow room for driving and wearing heavy sweaters underneath.  Normally, puffers tend to run small; and, a 2-in-1 also.  So, after all this 'yacking' on my part - hope this helps you make your decision!  Have a Happy Thanksgiving...

Regular Contributor

Goldenlocks, you are so helpful. I think the XL might be the way to go for me, but the vest measurement seems quite large. 

Valued Contributor

lands end outerware is all 50precent off for black friday just got the email all other items 40 precent off. so before you buy this worthless coat check with landsend and buy a coat that will last at a great price.

Honored Contributor

I like it!  Especially the removable vest that we can wear separately.  Oh, and the removable hood, too. Easier to wash separately in the washer. Love almost everything that has a hood. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@Msmajell wrote:

Goldenlocks, you are so helpful. I think the XL might be the way to go for me, but the vest measurement seems quite large. 

@Msmajell

I know what you mean, but all the measurements seem large.  That's why I just wish they'd go by BODY measurements.  e.g., A Dennis Basso faux fur could have huge measurements, but run normal due to the thickness of the faux fur.  And, it seems to me that there's about a 3" difference in the chest/waist measurements per size; which would be and extra 1.5" difference per side.  I'm just guessing 'cause without body measurements that's about all we can do!  I ordered up 'cause I'd rather have an extra 1.5" per side to play with for the really thick "Irish"-type sweaters and bulky sweatshirts.  If I were just gonna wear a blouse or flannel shirt under it, I'd only up it one size.  It's just so hard to find a jacket with a zip-out liner (vest) so I figure it's worth giving it a try and if it's too huge on me, I'll exchange for a M.  Just trying to tell you why I sized up so much, but I'm no expert.  And, I don't have much faith in they're measurements and consistency in sizing evenn of the same garment.  But, all stores are like that now.  We must bring back manufacturing to the USA, IMHO.  Anyways, I'm interested in what you decide.  Please let me know.  Thanx!

Esteemed Contributor

@58Meezer

Don't have it.  Would be helpful if they gave warm to -20, wouldn't it.  Just figure if it's lined and has a zip-in vest, that's like layering so should be warm...

Esteemed Contributor

@58Meezer

Forgot to mention:  I live on the city line of Worcester, MA, which for two winters in a row have had the "honor" of getting the most snow in the country!!!!!Woman MadWoman Mad  and, I'm always cold, also!

Valued Contributor

sorry but this coat is not warm you will be freezing check the online reviews before you buy. her coats all have bad reviews. I have asked this question and they said it is not warm. I live in the midwest and I can tell just from looking it would not stand up to the winters here.