Honored Contributor

Re: Ryka TSV - June 18, 2024

How many slip on sneakers are they planning to do?  They pretty much all look alike.

I don't care for sneakers so these are an easy pass for me.  But I don't think they're ugly.

Honored Contributor

While I think they are cute I am with @Caaareful Shopper as far as the "slip in" feature.

I own many similar Skechers that are several years old and I can easily slip into those.

I don't care for that thickness behind the ankle at all.   Not for me, also I never had good luck with Ryka, they wore out very fast and I'm not tough on my footwear.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never been a fan of Ryka shoes. The TSV didn't interest me but the retro denim did.  I ordered the olive before they sold out.  Then I watched the video and was dismayed to see that "Ryka" was splashed on the tongue, side & back of the shoe.  I quickly canceled my order.

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

Are they really slip ons? The last Rykas were supposed to be a slip on and didn't seem to work for me. The back was too soft. I later bought be Sketchers slip on that do actually slip on. It also ran so large and stretchy like big slippers. There were numerous complaints about the quality and Q customers sending them back.

I kept mine as a slipper type shoe. My feet do look huge. I always liked Ryka fit and comfort but the quality seemed to have changed? It makes me leary of ordering. 

I returned mine too. I was curious and checked back on my returns and those shoes are totally gone. They must have been bad across the board.

Valued Contributor

This TSV is right up my alley. I ordered it in cayenne red, ether blue, and terra taupe.
Trusted Contributor

I don't like this type of sneaker at all.  It reminds me of the slipper-style house shoes my dad wore in the 1960's.  His were leather (or leather-like!) though.

So, I guess I could see them as a house shoe or driving shoe for comfort, assuming they are comfortable.  But I won't buy them.

Super Contributor

I would have purchased the black ones, but I'm tired of the big white marshmallow soles on shoes. 

If it were black soled, I'd have bought it.

Respected Contributor

I agree---ugly, plain and I do not go for slip on tennis shoes. I like new balance and hoka.

Esteemed Contributor

@LadybugDG wrote:

I purchased the Ether Blue. Would be good for running my errands. I guess I like "UGLY" shoes. 

Me too @LadybugDG Woman LOL!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are fine, but I don't mind and prefer laces for a better fit- And I have back-up sneakers so no need for any more. Just watched the video with Leah. Did not see the even once demonstrate the slip-in, slip-out. That's odd... I want to see if/ how it works!