Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

These aren't usually my style of boot, but I have to say I am loving these.  I want to order the black with the purple.  I don't care for the clark boots at all.  The Ryka's have an edgy look to it which I love.  I will be wearing them with leggins and skinny jeans rolled up.  

I agree I don't like the Clarks. They look like an orthopedic shoe to me. As far as some thinking it isn't age appropriate I say you should wear what you want, who cares what someone (you probably don't know) thinks!

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

These aren't usually my style of boot, but I have to say I am loving these.  I want to order the black with the purple.  I don't care for the clark boots at all.  The Ryka's have an edgy look to it which I love.  I will be wearing them with leggins and skinny jeans rolled up.  

I agree I don't like the Clarks. They look like an orthopedic shoe to me. As far as some thinking it isn't age appropriate I say you should wear what you want, who cares what someone (you probably don't know) thinks!

I'm 52 and I think they are adorable!  I was thinking of the black or taupe.  Just not sure how to wear/style them.  Maybe a pair of straight leg jeans rolled up with them.  Or, I can wear with boot leg jeans and the jeans over the boots.  I do wish they had more of a heel as I am short.

Super Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@caf in va wrote:

I can't decide if they are acceptable for the over 50 crowd. I like them, but think they look like they are for the younger crowd with that white sole. My granddaughters wear that type of thing.

I think if you are over 50 or 60, the black would be the only ones that would be more age appropriate IMO but I did pass.

I think you can wear whatever you are comfortable with.  Age is in the mind. I'm 52 and I like the Taupe.  Black is too dark or gothic for me.  It's just a boot.  I think anyone can wear it in any color.

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

When I first looked at them I wasn't sure I liked them either  but after taking a second look, I ended up ordering the taupe (I'm 54 and don't think they look too young).  I will probably wear them with boot cut jeans so you won't see the top part most of the time anyway.  I have other Ryka sneakers that I love so hoping these are just as comfie.

I love the taupe especially with the pink laces.  I didnt' have time this a.m. to see a presentation so I had NO idea which size to wear.  Typically Ryka runs small.  The 8.5 is now gone in taupe.  I may waitlist the 8 to see if the 8 will fit.  They are very cute!  Enjoy the taupe!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I think if you are over 50 or 60, the black would be the only ones that would be more age appropriate IMO but I did pass.

I am 65 yrs young & ordered the Navy.  Seriously thinking about ordering the gray & brown or maybe black.

I will rock these TSV w/skinny jeans w/the shoe tongue hanging over & out, sweats & w/leggings.

Since they are weather resistant, they will be perfect if I get caught in the rain or a snow flurry.  I already have cute waterproof ankle boots from LLBean for those "snow" days.

"You're as young as you feel....  Age is just a number.... Different strokes for different folks"  are my mottos!       

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I have bad arthritis in my rt ankle and don't want to go through another 5 months in a wheelchair necessary if I get it rebuilt, so I am wearing an ankle brace. I think the high tops would add another layer of support esp. if I am going to be walking so I bought them in the black. 

I had surgery on my left ankle 8 years ago and the time for it to heal and then for me to get rehabbed was career ending, I don't want to go through that again if I can possibly avoid it. While these shoes are not at all attractive they may be a good idea for me. If they don't give any support to my ankle I will return them.

@151949, you may want to look at them from a different perspective . . . I think they are cute, adorable, AND very attractive. Change your mind and change your experience.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

@MTH wrote:

When I first looked at them I wasn't sure I liked them either  but after taking a second look, I ended up ordering the taupe (I'm 54 and don't think they look too young).  I will probably wear them with boot cut jeans so you won't see the top part most of the time anyway.  I have other Ryka sneakers that I love so hoping these are just as comfie.

I am 57 and also ordered taupe. I wear what I want, and don't worry about what other people think. I will wear them with skinny jeans, I think they will be great for winter.

Esteemed Contributor

@Beeweaver, you might want to consider getting some little wedge lifts to put inside these. I like a little height in my shoes, too, even though I am 5'7", and bought some wedge lifts at Walmart last year to use in my Ugg type boots. I think they will work well with these, too. Just got my pair in tan/olive and love them! Ordered my regular size 7 and they feel great, plenty long enough.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

I am 65 yrs young & ordered the Navy.  Seriously thinking about ordering the gray & brown or maybe black.

I will rock these TSV w/skinny jeans w/the shoe tongue hanging over & out, sweats & w/leggings.

Since they are weather resistant, they will be perfect if I get caught in the rain or a snow flurry.  I already have cute waterproof ankle boots from LLBean for those "snow" days.

"You're as young as you feel....  Age is just a number.... Different strokes for different folks"  are my mottos!       

@Mz iMac, YOU are a woman after my own heart. Rock on!!! Woman Wink

Super Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Beeweaver, you might want to consider getting some little wedge lifts to put inside these. I like a little height in my shoes, too, even though I am 5'7", and bought some wedge lifts at Walmart last year to use in my Ugg type boots. I think they will work well with these, too. Just got my pair in tan/olive and love them! Ordered my regular size 7 and they feel great, plenty long enough.

Awesome!  I had no idea where to get them.  Thanks so  much for the info.!  I think I am going to get the Taupe.