Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

There's a way better looking shoe boot coming in Sept for a tsv.  Holding out for that one.  This one just isn't my style.  The one coming in Sept is better looking.

Please don't leave us hanging, do tell!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

There's a way better looking shoe boot coming in Sept for a tsv.  Holding out for that one.  This one just isn't my style.  The one coming in Sept is better looking.

I haven't gotten my Insider, what is the shoe that is coming out in September?

I saw the boot she is talking about. It's a Clarks leather ankle boot. It has flannel trimming on the top. It comes in black, deep brown, navy, burgundy,and gray (if I remember correctly. It is priced at around $70.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Lori Kaye wrote:

These are cute boots but I don't understand why it already says Today's Special

Value. Can they be ordered now? 

Yes!  They can be ordered now.  They won't go down in price.  That's teh TSV price.

For those who have them, do they run true to Ryka size?  I typically go up 1/2 size in Ryka.  Can anyone provide sizing info? Thanks!  They are cute!

I got them and ordered my usual size,they fit perfectly and are comfortable. As to whether you cansock if I want to.  wear them if you are over 50, I say why not, do whatever you like!

Thanks.  Did you order your "usual" Ryka size?  I'm typically a half size bigger in Ryka. TIA 

This is my first pair of Ryka shoes. I wear a 61/2 M and ordered that size. They fit me perfectly. I think I could even wear a heavier sock. 

OK Thanks!  I appreciate it.  I think they are cute.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

It's all a matter of opinion. Personally while I don't care for these Ryka's, they are a little more fashion forward and are meant to look more like an athletic inspired boot.  The Clarks's IMO are ugly and positively orthopedic looking.

Plus, the Rykas are water resistent.  The Clark's don't say that they are.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It's all a matter of opinion. Personally while I don't care for these Ryka's, they are a little more fashion forward and are meant to look more like an athletic inspired boot.  The Clarks's IMO are ugly and positively orthopedic looking.

Plus, the Rykas are water resistent.  The Clark's don't say that they are.   

I bought the Ryka boots and will pass on the Clarks. I don't care for the style and like you said at least the Rykas are water resistant in case I get caught in the rain or snow. 

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you like what you ordered. Every time I order Ryka's products I have trouble with the sizing.  For me, it can be anywhere from a half size to a full size off.  The last time I ordered boots, it was a full size.

The pair I bought last year - after exchanging them for the right size - are in good shape so although the new ones are nice, I won't order another pair this season.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2, personally I think I'd hold out for the Clark's shoe, too simply because I don't need another boot in the Ryka style.  However I have had the same issue with sizing in Clark's as in Ryka's.  Considering that I am currently wearing both of those brands in my normal size, it is really a frustrating thing trying to buy shoes/clothes from QVC these days. 

and it is simply too expensive to have to return items.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it included the Today's Special Value item number.

Honored Contributor

The Clark's are  similar to Clark's I have.  I prefer the ryka but probably won't buy.  I have no need for them 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I think these are adorable, and will probably order a pair.  I'm over 50 and I guarantee they'll look good and age appropriate.  But, it's all a matter of taste.  I can understand how they wouldn't appeal to many 50 plusers.   These are fun and a little edgy.

That doesn't mean I don't have room in my collection for all kinds of boots & booties- from Uggs to elegant and dressy.   This is a weakness with no cure.

I have a pair of wedge Converse high tops I've been wearing this summer.  I get more compliments from men and women in those.   Strangers have stopped me to ask where I got them.

Again.. simply a matter of taste.