Super Contributor

Re: Ryka TSV - April 17, 2023

I have always loved Ryka shoes. They are well made and offer support and that incredible orthotic arch support. These slide sandals? Not so much. Those bumps drive me crazy (I had them on a different pair of sandal/slides.) In addition to the fact that these were simply rubber or plastic and offer no support, they were a no-go for me. The fact that they went in the washing machine was nothing new to me either. I've washed all kinds of sketchers, vionics, crocs and the like with no problem whether touted to be washable or not. Even if I liked these, they are not worth $40.00. They are most likely China made rubber shoes and nothing innovative despite they hype.

Regular Contributor

Recevied mine yesterday and unfortunatly they are going back.  I wear a 9 and other sandals I've purchased from QVC have fit just fine.  These were way too big - both in length and width - leading me to wonder if they were mislabeled.  They really seem to be a 10. And of course I am upset that I have to pay return postage so I will stick to other sources for footwear. 

Trusted Contributor

@OutofMadison - the Ryka's are on thier way back already..  Too wide for my more narrow foot although I can most times wear a medium. They did seem " cheaper" in looks than the OOFOS I currently have. The"bumps" were a non factor- meaning it wouldn't hve bothered me at all walking in them.. They actually felt pretty comfortable in that regard. This recovery type shoe- lots of choices and quality.. Even if they weren't too wide I am not sure I would have kept them.. I like my OOFOS so much better . I got the watermelon color-  and to be honest it was kinda ugly-not a coral - not a pink.. HA!

Did you end up ordering?

Frequent Contributor

Got mine in black and have been wearing them. I wear 6.5 and got a 6 and they fit well. My foot is more narrow than medium but these stay on my foot (unlike my Jack Rogers slide that I have to use double sided tape to keep on). Very comfortable and I don’t feel the bumps. The black looks chic on my foot. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unless you're shopping at the Dollar Store or Big Box retailer, I haven't seen too many recovery sandals for a much lower price point. The Ryka TSV slides are a bit on the wide side for me, but they are comfy, and the "bumps" are a non-issue. 

Carrie Underwood's Celia recovery sandal is $39.99. Addidas slides are $30-50, so the price point is appropriate for the marketplace. You just have to choose the style, price point, and comfort level that suits you.😊