Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for your input!  I haven't yet made up my mind to get a pair, but if I do, I will go with the white, navy or violet.  I really prefer Vionic over anything, but my last TSV order was mis-delivered so QVC couldn't replace them because they sold out.  I like the idea of the memory foam in the Ryka., but when I tried Skechers they didn't seem to last long.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Ryka Sneakers

[ Edited ]

Going out on a limb here -- ordered the mint and went up 1/2 size as some of you suggested.  Many years ago I tried Rykas on in an athletic store and the heel was not at all narrower than the front as advertised.  I have a wide foot with a narrower heel so I hope these work.  I wore Sauconys for decades but their quality and fit changed.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just realized shipping is not free.  $13.97 shipping to my state just made me make up my mind to pass on the TSV.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tribesters wrote:

@Effie54 Have you tried the wide sizes? The TSV has a good selection of normal & wide sizes. 

I have tried the wide - they're way too wide. My foot is a medium width and the old styles fit quite nicely. I think Sketchers went to a different manufacturer, not sure about Ryka. The heels in Sketchers are like wood and now cause a lot of blistering. I haven't tried Ryka in many years because they cut down the materials and made a medium width skinnier. Hope this pair fits.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Received mine and they're terribly ill-fitting.

Was there supposed to be memory foam in them?  If so, I certainly couldn't tell. My Sauconys and New Balance are cushier.

Is the heel supposed to be narrower in Rykas, specifically designed for a woman's foot?  I got a wide width and the heel is the widest heel I've ever had in a shoe.  My heel was flopping up and down. Ridiculous.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Trusted Contributor

@Deree wrote:

Received mine and they're terribly ill-fitting.

Was there supposed to be memory foam in them?  If so, I certainly couldn't tell. My Sauconys and New Balance are cushier.

Is the heel supposed to be narrower in Rykas, specifically designed for a woman's foot?  I got a wide width and the heel is the widest heel I've ever had in a shoe.  My heel was flopping up and down. Ridiculous.

So I decided to size down as an "even exchange" and couldn't even get my foot into the smaller size.  I called CS to tell them but they said I would be charged return shipping for returning the new pair on the even exchange.  Fuming.

Welcome to QVC!!  What a scam. Smiley LOL