Honored Contributor

Re: Russell Stover Tins Big Deal

I just wanted to make a comment about this Big Deal.  I saw it a couple of nights ago (late) and I wish I had done a screen print.

The description said "almost 400 pieces"  and in the bulleted description, it said "approximately 384 pieces".  I showed it to DH and said "Wow!  That's a bargain!"  It did seem somewhat incredible.

I nearly bought it there and then, but decided to think about it overnight.  Lo and behold, woke up the next day, looked at it again and it had miraculously changed.  (Someone obviously saw the "four tins" and multiplied when listing it.) I showed DH and said, clearly, "someone" then spotted the error and changed it pronto.  I wonder if they'll get anyone who did order challenging it?  OOPS!

I love Russell Stover chocolates, but I don't need the tins.  I can just buy the chocolates I want at the store.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia  I noticed that too and thought it sounded like a lot 

Today is says

Includes approximately 92 pieces of assorted chocolates in six flavors

92 pieces makes more sense, otherwise, those tins would be huge!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 - Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed it!  I guess that's what I get for staying up late.  But someone at the Q wasn't paying attention!

Respected Contributor

The chocolate is excellent.  CVS and RiteAid both sell the individually wrapped candy that's in the tins.  The tins are adorable - I bought them a few years ago.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, again, to all!  I still have not seen the presentation, but I see it has been presented, so I will check out the video.

Your comments have been so very helpful.  I have not decided, but am leaning toward not purchasing.

Gloria

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FranandZoe - Thanks for the info about CVS and RiteAid.  I'll check them out next time I'm shopping.